Massages at the poker table

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People that get a massage at the table .. Thoughts ?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That they are paying wayyyyy too much for a very partial massage. I pay $75 for a full body 90 minute massage - no way am I paying them $2 a minute for a partial massage.

guccipix

guccipix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed with Dakota that it’s kind of a waste of money, but also for me i think I’d find it a bit bothersome. You’ll never find me asking for a massage at the table.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Baah, what prices, crazy. Well here massage is also relative expensive. Recently I paid here in a hotel 44 € for 25 minutes. Now listen to the prices, that I paid last year in Thailand. 2 € for 30 minutes of foot massage and around 10 € for full body massage, what even was one of the pricier studios.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just have no desire to get a massage In front of a group of people. I just don't understand it. Yes and the price is outrageous.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If people can afford to financially pay such money for massage, why not?. The question of the price of a massage in this case is subjective.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If people can afford to financially pay such money for massage, why not?. The question of the price of a massage in this case is subjective.

Yep - that is true - but he asked for our thoughts indicating he wants our personal opinions of them so that is what we are giving. :)

But yea it is definitely a matter of personal choice. Some people might think I paid too much for my car or house - but they are perfect for me.

Last edited:
Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seems like the worst time to get a massage to me. That has to be distracting and not relaxing.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know and I am just speculating, but getting a massage while lets say making a big bluff wouldnt be easier to hide tells like tension and stuff instead of just sitting there still and getting xrayed?

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like the worst time to get a massage to me. That has to be distracting and not relaxing.

I dont know and I am just speculating, but getting a massage while lets say making a big bluff wouldnt be easier to hide tells like tension and stuff instead of just sitting there still and getting xrayed?

I suppose it could be distracting for either yourself, or the person you are staring down across from you. Depends on the situation at the time. I can kind of see getting a massage just to get into someone's head at a particular moment.

Personally, I am with most of the people here. It seems silly to have a massage in front of a bunch of people, and the price is outrageous. I would rather save the money and use it for a 1-900 call! :D

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's kind of like eating at the table, only liked by the person getting the treatment or eating, annoying and disruptive to everyone else including the dealer.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
By the way (just to relax, obviously), i remember of this therapeutic massagist for professional models. The guy says that still has to work on holidays and weekends, sometimes from 12 to 14 hours per day, and in addition, he ends up saying that he dreams of having a desk job, answering phone calls, working regular hours. It makes me think that this must be very boring. :D

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way (just to relax, obviously), i remember of this therapeutic massagist for professional models. The guy says that still has to work on holidays and weekends, sometimes from 12 to 14 hours per day, and in addition, he ends up saying that he dreams of having a desk job, answering phone calls, working regular hours. It makes me think that this must be very boring. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDVaFGsDNA

Quit this nightmare lol that was one of the funniest clips man I seen in awhile made me giggle thanks for posting it hahahaha:D:D:D:D:D

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good when other players do it. This tells me they're not serious about Poker. They're very much distracted, and that helps my bottom line.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
massage is always nice no matter where it is, but we all know they are paying an outrageous amount per hour for the table massages.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I want to change my previous answer. I suppose if you are sitting at the table for hours and hours and you don't want to sit out, a massage might refresh you. So after thinking about it, if I was in the biggest tournament of my life, I might order food at the table and have someone get my muscles back in order. If I get past the bubble of the wsop main event, I am not leaving that table. I might be willing to pay a bit more if it ever comes up.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Massage is always great and not only at the poker table.Heard but don't remember how much they cost per hour...

maksimoff666

maksimoff666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
massage

Campaign masseuses earn a lot more than the dealers but and really tired too, probably more

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's great to do massage at the table when you spend 6-7-8 hours in the game, but you do not get a full relaxation, it's better to make a good massage completely after the game, and of course if you can afford finances then you can do it!