Looking for tips on 4-8 poker

U

ulysses27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm just starting out and I've been playing 4-8 and 3-6 poker a couple times a week. It seems like it requires a smaller bankroll and it's a lot tougher to bluff. My thinking was that I could learn easier in that format. I was looking for any tips in playing in this format or if you think playing 1-2 no limit would be better to learn I'd be interested to hear about that to.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online is best way to learn.

So I'm just starting out and I've been playing 4-8 and 3-6 poker a couple times a week. It seems like it requires a smaller bankroll and it's a lot tougher to bluff. My thinking was that I could learn easier in that format. I was looking for any tips in playing in this format or if you think playing 1-2 no limit would be better to learn I'd be interested to hear about that to.

Thank you for posting.

Limit holdem and no-limit holdem are so very different. If you want to play no-limit practice at no-limit.

Playing online even in free cash games can help you learn the fundamentals like board reading and equity evaluation etc.... Playing many hands then reviewing them is a great way to learn. pokerstars is great for that they have a hand replayer that lets you play fifty hands then go back and slow motion and pause etc every hand. Combine that with an equity calculator like cardchats and your understanding will excel.

Hope this helps.

:):):)

Poker Tips