Live table etiquette

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know about slow rolling (waiting to "roll" over you cards when you know you have best hand), I know you don't talk about the hand you folded while action is still happening (moaning after flop, oh I woulda hit that), but other day dealer told table it is bad etiquette to tell someone what you folded even after they are all in. For example say you fold and 2 players go all in and turn over QQ vs AJ and you folded A 5. He said you shouldn't say " I folded an ace" til after hand is over. Personally I'd rather know my chances are slim and have done that often. So are there any other poker etiquette situations that maybe not everyone is aware of and which ones upset you the most.

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never heard that, and it wouldn't bother me at all if someone did.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on the people that are all in. Both of these types even exist at professional player's.

Some like to know it, but others really don't want that news.

So to always be in the right position, I would never say it, unless the one, which has the unfavoured cards, because of me, asks for it.

P

PokerWahoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not in a hand, dont get involved with the table talk involving any players still in the hand (even if the table talk is not poker related)

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol seriously that dealer is an "idiot" if there both all in and show there cards what difference does it make whether they no what you had is it going to change the outcome? lol noo unless this dealer rigs the deck somehow in front of all of you my god i think this dealer was just on some sort of power trip since hes the one slinging them cards :)

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol seriously that dealer is an "idiot" if there both all in and show there cards what difference does it make whether they no what you had is it going to change the outcome? lol noo unless this dealer rigs the deck somehow in front of all of you my god i think this dealer was just on some sort of power trip since hes the one slinging them cards :)
Well you're wrong the dealer is not an idiot. It's an etiquette thing most people when they're sitting there don't want to know that one of their out is already gone let the cards play out and just keep your mouth shut. It doesn't violate any rules but you're kind of like crushing that guy's heart telling him even before the next card is turned that he's got less of a chance to win.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well you're wrong the dealer is not an idiot. It's an etiquette thing most people when they're sitting there don't want to know that one of their out is already gone let the cards play out and just keep your mouth shut. It doesn't violate any rules but you're kind of like crushing that guy's heart telling him even before the next card is turned that he's got less of a chance to win.

I agree with you Roger just keep your mouth shut until after the hand is over to talk about the hand and how it was played.

Organize a Home Poker Game