Live poker and taking notes

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you take notes during live play? Notepad and pencil? mobile Apps? mobile notepad?? What's your routine? I'm slowly transferring from online to live, starting with going to Vegas for the first time this weekend for the $500 reunion wsop. Any ideas, tricks, and advices are highly appreciated.

Ashley Sleeth

Ashley Sleeth

Professional Poker Player
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the 'Poker Income' App. After playing a hand that I want to review later, I'll write it down in the Notes section for that tournament. Keeps everything organized.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played live in awhile but going to apply Alexander Fitzgerland's shorthand evernote method from his exploits book when I play again. Talks about how nobody thinks twice about how you look at your phone and he uses that to his advantage of making fast notes of each player lol, going to take some practice but I can see myself using it over time.

That dude's methods are exactly the way I want to play, for me its not try to be the best, just to get in there and make money lol

Last edited:
A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take notes after my session is over. I would probably never take notes during gameplay because it would distract my attention from reading players and the action. My play is predicated on reading players and constant focus of the moment. After the game I reflect on how I played and ways I see I could have made better plays and I take notes on it.

Actually I basically write about every hand I remember.

A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played live in awhile but going to apply Alexander Fitzgerland's shorthand evernote method from his exploits book when I play again. Talks about how nobody thinks twice about how you look at your phone and he uses that to his advantage of making fast notes of each player lol, going to take some practice but I can see myself using it over time.

That dude's methods are exactly the way I want to play, for me its not try to be the best, just to get in there and make money lol
Thanks for the post I like this idea and I think I'll give it a try.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do it mentally, I play few hands, usually, inside my range what becomes easier to remind.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember and jot it down in mobile later. Every individual have different habit, you just have to observe and look into it.
Recently i have a rich recreationally player that came into my room frequently and noticed his body language if he have a premium hand or not. Because it's cash game PLO, he have this habit of rearranging his 4 cards if his hand is good. That is good enough information.

P

pierceisgod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually just make mental notes if you feel the need to write notes I think you can just write in on a phone

Organize a Home Poker Game