Jamie Gold

R

RunningNuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that Jamie Gold was very lucky in last years main event. However, he certainly has skills. In addition to the many pots he won from sucking out, I had fun watching him talk his way into winning pot after put as well. I think that we will see excell in circut events if he keeps playing. Whether or not he will ever make a final table at a main event is just as contingent and variable as whether or not an established pro will make the final table or win the main event. Poker greats from Phil Helmuth to Johnny Chan have questioned whether or not a pro will ever win the main event again, given the incredibly large and growing field of players each year.

Swanny

Swanny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, lol at the guy in the old guy in the recently aired WPT who said on camera that the reason he made the final table was that JG was at his earlier table, played terrible, and gave his chips away...

Yeah I thought was funny...

I think Gold is just an annoying gnat. I never saw a poker player be so openly needy for positive reinforcement. How many times during last years wsop did he say "I'm playing good right?" If I was watching that 20 years ago I would have started a Jamie Gold "I'm playing good" drinking game...

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem jamie the clown gold will have is the way he holds himself. People don't like him and the arrogance in which he talks to people. People will be gunning for him...

I personally don't like Gold either, and don't think he's anything special, but this could actually work in his favor just as much as it could work against him.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't watched the final table, i've no interest at all in watching poker on TV, but apparently he was running his mouth when he had a good hand and was silent when he was bluffing - that was a hell of a tell that only Allen Cunningham picked up on.

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it got to the final table, that's where luck really played a huge role for him. He busted 2 players being dealt QQ while they were dealt JJ, money all-in PF. He busted the first guy with 22 vs AK, flopping a set. If I remember correctly, he busted Allen Cunningham winning a race with KJ vs TT. Down to 3 handed, he moves all-in on an open-ended straight draw and catches vs TP/TK, as a 2 to 1 dog (this hand could have made the difference if Wasika makes the call with his open ended straight flush draw). I think overall he played decently, but when monies were in he really caught some huge breaks, in absence of which he could end up 3rd or even 4th. Leave alone Cunningham, I think even Erik Friberg is better than him. Friberg just had the bad luck of being dealt JJ while Gold had QQ.

IMO that was the tournament right there. Wasicka makes that call and he likely goes on to win the tourney. I believe he would have had Gold outchipped 2 to 1 if he makes this call if I remember correctly :confused: .

I can't even imagine how many times he thinks about that hand. I get haunted by hands I play on piddly low stakes, not at the biggest stage of them all. Probably reason #1 (on a long list) why I could never be a top pro. Wasicka probably just had a few nightmares about it and pushed it way back in his memory, but man would that be tough to forget.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't watched the final table, i've no interest at all in watching poker on TV, but apparently he was running his mouth when he had a good hand and was silent when he was bluffing - that was a hell of a tell that only Allen Cunningham picked up on.

No he was running his mouth on both bluffs and hands, but he usually told his opponent his exact hand....

dacallstation12

dacallstation12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone told me that if you tell your exact hand that you forfeit the pot?? has anyone ever heard of this?? i thought he was full of it

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They kinda let him go on a lot of things because opponents didn't complain.

But he was holding K9 of diamonds for the ace high straight and was like "well, I'm holding 2 diamonds but if you have the K for the straight call me, if you don't have the K just fold the hand....." so the guy calls without the K and Jamie shows his straight....

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He flipped his cards over once while in a hand against Michael Binger. Floor official should have dealt with it, but nope.

V

vanilla sky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie Gold is a great player you don't just win the WSOP main event by luck. He knew what he was doing.

B

Broke31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He definatly had luck on his side and was cocky but u dont win the main event without some skill