How to get to the WSOP? What steps should be taken?

C

Chopper1977

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always had the dream to play in wsop. However, shelling out 10k is not realistic in a pro series. If I want to achieve this dream in the next 5 years, what reccomendations would one have to prepare myself in the big game? Should I start on a small circuit in Vegas with a much lower buy in or prepare from local games in Chicago/Milwaukee before I head to Vegas?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
47% tax on the WSOP main....it is wut it has always been a publicity stunt its like playing a $10,000+ $11,500 MTT.....the taxes the competition the huge variance the pros of pros....I'd play some Caribbean tax shelter MTT.

C

Chopper1977

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
47% tax on the WSOP main....it is wut it has always been a publicity stunt its like playing a $10,000+ $11,500 MTT.....the taxes the competition the huge variance the pros of pros....I'd play some Caribbean tax shelter MTT.
47%, what??? I might as well just grab my ankles! Still would love to play 1 time...

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always had the dream to play in WSOP. However, shelling out 10k is not realistic in a pro series. If I want to achieve this dream in the next 5 years, what recomendations would one have to prepare myself in the big game? Should I start on a small circuit in Vegas with a much lower buy in or prepare from local games in Chicago/Milwaukee before I head to Vegas?

If you don't have experience playing live poker then it would be a good idea to playy soem circuit events and other tournaments between now and then.

But you biggest challenge will be raising the money so if that is something you really want to do start saving for it now.

I have never played in the main event and here is why. I would love to - but I go to Vegas twice a year and play in 8-10 tournaments each trip for less than $10k. For me it is too much money to invest in a single tournament. I would only play in it if I won a seat.

This is just not true. The taxes will vary based on your personal income etc.

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Track some wins in a live setting . Get online where your play can be tracked . Win some large buy in MTT online. Prove your a winning player, in graphs and hand history. Find someone willing to steak you at this point.

WSOP