How many Live Poker player will give up the game

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
COVID-19 has all but killed live poker for now. I would assume several fish will give up the game after they see how much money the have saved the past 6 months ..Just Sayin:five:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's All About 33%

COVID-19 has all but killed live poker for now. I would assume several fish will give up the game after they see how much money the have saved the past 6 months ..Just Sayin:five:

1/3 will come back as soon as they can.

1/3 will wait and see how it is working out with that initial 1/3 returning to the table.

1/3 won't return until the virus is no longer a threat because of vaccine or the virus has extinguished itself - maybe 60-70% herd immunity.

That is my prediction. I can't wait to be able to play live tournaments again!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play live poker, I am on vacation...by socially isolating, I have saved a fortune on plane fares and hotel rooms...far more than my poker losses.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just seeing this forum thread for the first time:

I think most fish will come back.

They might realize how much money they save by not playing, but think of it like New Year's Resolutions. How many times has someone claimed they will go on a diet and lose some weight? Now how many have basically "given up" after just two weeks into the year?

Truth of the matter is that it takes more than motivation alone; change is often hard. Poker is the same way. Poker fish are the same; they usually enjoy poker like the rest of us (just not as successful at it). After a while, they may miss poker: give them a few weeks after it is safer to play live games again and I bet they'll be back.

T

TetraTap

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People love to gamble - They'll be back and there are new uni students blowing their loans every year - I would know! The fact that poker has a skill factor will always attract people.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Older players may quit the game, but younger players will continue to play online as long as it is not possible to play live.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games