How many dream or dreamed of playing at the WSOP?

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it may be a rhetorical question, hardly any poker player has not thought or dreamed of participating in such a renowned poker event and obviously winning a bracelet, I think I saw myself in one of those events since ESPN began to play in my country. Trasmtir them, unfortunately I have never been able to participate in any and because of the winds that blow farther and farther, although I am not so ambitious I would settle for playing a couple of them for buy 1500 or 2500 in omaha 8, someone in this community has participated in one of these events? And how far did I get?

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I dream of playing in Vegas. In any tournament. And to get into the prizes was just great.:)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it may be a rhetorical question, hardly any poker player has not thought or dreamed of participating in such a renowned poker event and obviously winning a bracelet, I think I saw myself in one of those events since ESPN began to play in my country. Trasmtir them, unfortunately I have never been able to participate in any and because of the winds that blow farther and farther, although I am not so ambitious I would settle for playing a couple of them for buy 1500 or 2500 in omaha 8, someone in this community has participated in one of these events? And how far did I get?

I have yet to play a single hand of live poker yet can allow myself the dream of sitting at the final table then winning it all, explaining immediately afterwards "...well I ran good and had the support of friends and family...."

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to play with the greats, it would be a dream come true.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm already struggling to make it to the final tables of Cardschat tournaments so I'm not ready to imagine myself in the final of a wsop. :D
But who knows, I'll tell you about it in a few months ... :rolleyes:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best of all is that many times you can qualify with little money, that is my dream, to win the entrance to an event without having to pay the entrance:p:p:p:p:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Don't give up the dream. You just never know.

In 2012 the thought of playing in the WSOP was not a dream but pure fantasy. An impossible dream. Why? i was in my mid 40's and not having a lot of money. I had made a decision that would cripple my finances for years to come. We adopted 2 children 4 years a part that did in the finance. I had to change my carer as my job options in my field had shrunk and then there was black Friday. So why am i telling you this?

It was the last Monday in February 2012 when after a really bad day of work I decided to play in the winner take all game on the poker site Grrinders. It was a subscription site like club WPT. Nearly 3 hours into the tournament I took the chip lead. An hour later I was still in 1st place at the beginning of the final table. When we were down to 5 left i was in 2nd looking at a big stack in 1st when I went on a run knocking out the 5th 4th 3rd place players. I had taken the chip lead again and 20 minutes later on a all in hand the turn completed my nut flush and I stared at the screen in disbelief. I was going to play in the WSOP 1K event that year. At the World series I was sitting around looking at the tables around me, JJ Lui, Jonathan Little, Men the master Nguyen and Greg Reymer and Eric Seidel. A few years late I won another small seat into the WSOP. In 2019 I played in the Colossus with team Cardschat and got my 1st cash and making a deep run in the event.

I went from something that I could not even think could possibly happen to going twice and making a deep run. If I can do this you can too. It may not happen and I know it wont be easy but dont give up on the dream. Trust me, it will be worth it and If you go will be an incredible journey.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still dream of playing in the WSOP tournament, because it’s the Super Bowl of poker, and I would like to win a bracelet.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Não desista do sonho. Você nunca sabe.

Em 2012, a ideia de jogar no WSOP não era um sonho, mas pura fantasia. Um sonho impossível. Por quê? Eu estava na casa dos 40 anos e não tinha muito dinheiro. Eu havia tomado uma decisão que prejudicaria minhas finanças nos anos seguintes. Adotamos 2 crianças de 4 anos uma parte que fazia nas finanças. Tive de mudar de cuidador, pois minhas opções de trabalho em minha área haviam diminuído e, em seguida, houve a sexta-feira negra. Então, por que estou dizendo isso?

Foi na última segunda-feira de fevereiro de 2012 quando, após um péssimo dia de trabalho, decidi jogar no site de pôquer Grrinders. Era um site de assinatura como o clube WPT. Quase 3 horas depois do início do torneio, assumi a liderança em fichas. Uma hora depois, ainda estava em 1º lugar no início da mesa final. Quando estávamos com 5 jogadores restantes, eu estava em 2º, olhando para uma grande pilha em 1º, quando saí em uma corrida eliminando os 5º 4º jogadores do 3º lugar. Eu tinha assumido a liderança de fichas novamente e 20 minutos depois em um all in, o turn completou meu nut flush e eu olhei para a tela em descrença. Eu ia jogar o evento WSOP 1K naquele ano. Na World Series, eu estava sentado olhando para as mesas ao meu redor, JJ Lui, Jonathan Little, Men the master Nguyen e Greg Reymer e Eric Seidel. Alguns anos depois, ganhei outra pequena vaga no WSOP. Em 2019 joguei no Colossus com o time Cardschat e consegui meu primeiro prêmio e ganhei uma boa largada no evento.

Eu fui de algo que eu nem mesmo poderia pensar que poderia acontecer para ir duas vezes e correr fundo. Se eu posso fazer isso, você também pode. Pode não acontecer e sei que não será fácil, mas não desista do sonho. Acredite em mim, vai valer a pena e Se você for, será uma jornada incrível.

beautiful story friend.
poker is a fairy tale.
congratulations for believing in your dream:):)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't give up the dream. You just never know....

I went from something that I could not even think could possibly happen to going twice and making a deep run. If I can do this you can too. It may not happen and I know it wont be easy but dont give up on the dream. Trust me, it will be worth it and If you go will be an incredible journey.

Fantastic Luvepoker!

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dream is to play a big tournament and it doesn't matter offline or online! But the most important thing is not just to participate, but also to bring it!

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every day man, I have a meditation and I see myself sitting at the same table with Phil Hellmuth and eventually seeing the bracelet on my left wrist :)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not imagine poker player who have not dreamed to play at WSOP. It is like world cup for football player. I also would be happy to just go to Vegas and play even in just one tournament from WSOP but for now i simply can not afford to spend so much money. Hope that to change in future. :)

rivermipasion

rivermipasion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be the best you have to measure yourself against the best and what better than in wsop the dream of the "amateur"

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

In 2012 the thought of playing in the WSOP was not a dream but pure fantasy. An impossible dream. Why? i was in my mid 40's and not having a lot of money. I had made a decision that would cripple my finances for years to come. We adopted 2 children 4 years a part that did in the finance. I had to change my carer as my job options in my field had shrunk and then there was black Friday. So why am i telling you this?

It was the last Monday in February 2012 when after a really bad day of work I decided to play in the winner take all game on the poker site Grrinders. It was a subscription site like club WPT. Nearly 3 hours into the tournament I took the chip lead. An hour later I was still in 1st place at the beginning of the final table. When we were down to 5 left i was in 2nd looking at a big stack in 1st when I went on a run knocking out the 5th 4th 3rd place players. I had taken the chip lead again and 20 minutes later on a all in hand the turn completed my nut flush and I stared at the screen in disbelief. I was going to play in the WSOP 1K event that year. At the World series I was sitting around looking at the tables around me, JJ Lui, Jonathan Little, Men the master Nguyen and Greg Reymer and Eric Seidel. A few years late I won another small seat into the WSOP. In 2019 I played in the Colossus with team Cardschat and got my 1st cash and making a deep run in the event.

Oh, this is so inspiring and motivating! Last year I also somehow managed to win a ticket to a live tourney in London. It was so exciting, I played there 3 days, but dropped out short before the money. But your story tells me, try it again, make it again and one day it will work out somehow!

I am not so sure about WSOP, well of course it is a dream for every poker player to play there, but I guess I would be very nervous to go there, especially because of the heat there. I would be really scared about this and even maybe more than about poker, lol. But if I won a ticket for this, I guesss, I would shift my ass there somehow. :D Like I did to London, although about this I was also nervous like hell. :p

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Definitely on my bucket list.:cool:

P

Pokerboss1000

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in WSOP main event

My dream is playing in the WSOP main event $10k buy in. My plan is to go to Vegas and play in as much satellite to Main

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely one of my bucket list items to play the WSOP ME at least once. Hopefully can accomplish that in next few years.

M

Milez1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would be a huge dream to play the WSOP

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

wow that is a great story about how you made it. I don't think I will make it out to Vegas, but your story inspires me that there is always hope. If I do make it to a WSOP event I hope to see you there.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, probably a poker dream to which I am on my way, and of course, with the desire to get to such an event, just a victory to see my achievements, I will try a lot to make an excellent game.

WSOP