Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. set up your game.... details
2. stick to your schedule ( start time is the start time)
3. Post the chip values ( stick to standard values for colors)
4. Post the blind structure and level duration
5. set registration time, late registration limits,
6. post rebuys and add on set up
7. Download and post the rules of your game.
8, Set break times and stick to them
9. Set when chip up will take place and set break time accordingly.
10. Get help if you need it.
11. Have a clock that everyone can see
12. Use random seating... draw cards..
Do not allow any one to deviate, or cause disruptions... be firm...
\
Add your comments... to help

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, the most difficult part of hosting a home game is finding friends that play poker :ROFLMAO:

But I have already gathered some friends to play other card games and board games, and sometimes I regret it, because maybe I am too organized and methodic, I don't know... People don't care about the way they look at their cards, they bend the cards too much, damaging them; they want to be playing and eating, sometimes cards get dirty because of this... I have a little collection of decks and I can't use any of them. Now, to keep things funny and soft, I just play with cheap decks, I learned the lesson. :geek:

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We play in my friends garage on Friday nights. Sometimes so many players that we have to set up multiple tables. We stick to common tournament rules. What there is though, is sports on a big screen, classic rock blaring, tons of food, everybody is drinking alcohol of some kind. A lot of guys smoke weed (It is legal in canada, and not at the table) and everybody is yelling at each other! All good fun though! And for some reason, only men. Lot of women play poker here. but are not interested in playing with a lot a bunch of loud drunk men!

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played home games and some club locals, its all boils down to the organization skills of the host...

Some are great, others although its nice they do it.... probably should have help...

Others just try to gain some comfort or advantage for their friends and self.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We play in my friends garage on Friday nights. Sometimes so many players that we have to set up multiple tables. We stick to common tournament rules. What there is though, is sports on a big screen, classic rock blaring, tons of food, everybody is drinking alcohol of some kind. A lot of guys smoke weed (It is legal in Canada, and not at the table) and everybody is yelling at each other!
Sounds like you fellows have a really fun time. I think that it is cool playing tournaments too. My experience with home games has always been dealer's choice, and I've played some pretty wild games. :)
All good fun though! And for some reason, only men. Lot of women play poker here. but are not interested in playing with a lot a bunch of loud drunk men!
That makes sense for a number of reasons.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Now that's a very good list you got there Art but if i may i have hosted a game or two and you might want to add for those of us or them how every to want to say it "that like to indulge in a beverage" have a house limit and an age restriction.Just my two cents (y):giggle:.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i never tried to creat one, i enjoy some at past tho

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I live on an island that most of the locals are fishermen, on holidays and holidays, we receive enough tourists and some relatives who play, but they prefer the beach or a fishing, I have thought of setting up a small poker house

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games