Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Everyone,

My friends and I have had a regular monthly home game running for years, but my chipset is beginning to get a little tattered and a few chips have disappeared over the years.

I'm looking for recommendations for good quality chipsets with 500+ chips. I don't mind spending a bit of money, so long as they're good quality.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I assume that you had the ubiquitous "Dice Chips" for all these years?

Dice

You'll have to define "quality" and "a bit of money" before I can adequately respond.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I bought at the beginning of the year a very good set of poker with 600 chips from ebay. I recommend it warmly. I attach a link to this product here if you want to take a look.

Search: New 600 The Mint 13.5g Clay Poker Chips Set with Acrylic Case - Pick Chips!

Or if you dn't like the acrylic case you can choose the aluminum one.

Search this term:
New 600 The Mint 13.5g Clay Poker Chips Set with Aluminum Case - Pick Chips!

Last edited by a moderator:
riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks That Looks Like A Cool Set of chips. Can you shuffle the checks easy with those Chips? Good Luck At The Tables!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I bought at the beginning of the year a very good set of poker with 600 chips from ebay. I recommend it warmly. I attach a link to this product here if you want to take a look.
*mod edit: removed link

Or if you dn't like the acrylic case you can choose the aluminum one.

*mod edit: removed link
Those are pretty nice. I believe they fall into the category of "China Clays" or "Injection Molded Plastic". I assume these do not have a metal slug inside?

Also, I would highly recommend an acrylic case with acrylic racks over an aluminum case. I have yet to see an aluminum briefcase for chips that isn't broken or otherwise compromised in some way - "It's fine you just have to twist it a little to close it, and you can't move it around too much" (like, across the table). :(

Also, in case we're not allowed to link to ebay pages, here's a pic:

Dice alt1

Last edited by a moderator:
gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Thanks That Looks Like A Cool Set of Poker Chips. Can you shuffle the checks easy with those Chips? Good Luck At The Tables!

Yes. They are very pleasant at touch. :p

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a big fan of the clay chips- just dont get them wet.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games Poker Chips - History of Chips