Hiatus?

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you know when it is time to take a break from playing and for how long do you lay off, before coming back?

I'm averaging 10 hours of live play, 20 hours on-line per week (on top of a 40 hour "day job") and reading 5 hour a week. I am growing cantankerous and feel burnt out in general. Since I need the day job at this point in time and can't take a break from it, I'm thinking I should probably lay off on-line poker for a min of a week and only play one night live. (Live is more fun for me.)

I want to get better and feel that this can be accomplished with practice and study, but I think that this burn out is counter productive...

Any thoughts?

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many poker players there are today, you could probably expect as many different answers to this question. Age, finance's, real job or retired, family life, amount of sleep needed, etc... The list is endless.........

In your case, if your feeling burnt out, you probably are. Playing poker fatigued, for real money is senseless.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was hoping for an endless list:eek:)

Thanks for your input!

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start to doze off between deals it is time to take a break. Come back in 8 hours.

D

defishman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
burnout

It would be my opinion you are playing way to much. you cant growor make money if you are not fresh. Youll make quick calls instead of looking at all the possabilities. Youll loose lots of money. If your in a game and you start to feel like who cares or you Mother F then you have been playing to long and someone is going to end up with your money:joyman:

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you defishman. Thanks

And pigpen, thanks for the laugh:D