Have you ever sat at a table and played with a pro?

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day two of the 2016 colossus, I show up to my table to find that I’m seated across the table from Allen Cunningham. Needless to say, I was more than a little intimidated, LOL. I lasted about 45 minutes, he ended up taking me out with pocket aces on a three-way all in. A-A vs K-K, vs my suited A-Q. They had to sweat it out though, as I flopped a straight draw, but the aces held.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I don’t believe it would change the way I play though.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Day two of the 2016 colossus, I show up to my table to find that I’m seated across the table from Allen Cunningham. Needless to say, I was more than a little intimidated, LOL. I lasted about 45 minutes, he ended up taking me out with pocket aces on a three-way all in. A-A vs K-K, vs my suited A-Q. They had to sweat it out though, as I flopped a straight draw, but the aces held.

Allen Cunningham is a very nice man! I met Greg Raymer and Allen last year at the wsop during one of the breaks. 2 totally different guys off the felt! Cool that you got to play against one of the best!:top:

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't yet, but I sure would like to play against Lex Veldhuis, he seems like a very cool guy. Amongst the live poker legends, I would like to sit on the table with Tom Dwan and Phil Hellmuth.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
last year at the colossus chris moorman came late to my table, sat directly to my left. I thought oh great. He played extremely aggro and lasted about 1/2 an hour before being busted. He was very quiet and left without a word.

I have played with John Cena, the wrestler, at my table. I didn't even know who he was at the time. I thought, wow this guy is huge. I then saw him a few days later on some TV talk show and recognized him.

I have also played with James Woods the retired actor/ poker pro several times. He is a very personable guy and talks to everyone in the room.

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last year at the colossus chris moorman came late to my table, sat directly to my left. I thought oh great. He played extremely aggro and lasted about 1/2 an hour before being busted. He was very quiet and left without a word.

I have played with John Cena, the wrestler, at my table. I didn't even know who he was at the time. I thought, wow this guy is huge. I then saw him a few days later on some TV talk show and recognized him.

I have also played with James Woods the retired actor/ poker pro several times. He is a very personable guy and talks to everyone in the room.

Playing with Cena would be awesome! He comes across as very likable, and very funny. JJames Woods would also be awesome to play with.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I wish to do so, who wouldn’t want to play on the same table.
It will be so challenging to play a game with them.
Hopefully I get a chance soon.
Till than play and practice online.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played against 'The Grinder' - Michael Mizrachi - He blind minraised my BB every orbit. I ended up getting short stacked and shoved AT into his AQ

Attachments

• DeepStacks.jpg
    DeepStacks.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 42
J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro

I've sat down at a table with a pro no but someone famous yes I played with Chumlee off pawn stars once which was really cool

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played with a pro player yet. I wish someday i will play agains Daniel Negreanu

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Haven't played yet with a pro, but Richard Seymour, 3 time Super Bowl winner with the New England Patriots was at my table Day 2 at the Colossus last year...nice guy and a good poker player, regularly making deep runs at televised tournaments. I asked permission to take his photo, and he was happy to pose for me...when is your Florida trip? Good luck if it is yet to come.

Last edited:
manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have played at a table with pros. First was in Vegas with 5 pros and me, 500 buying. I did very well and was up 2000 or better until I recognized the people I was playing with. Seriously my hands started to shake. I went down 400 and decided to call it quits. I thanked them for a good game, but said I was out of my league. The one pro acknowledged that I was paying very well until I looked around the table. We all chuckled about that. I left that table down $400 but I left Vegas up $3,000.I have also played with pros in JoBurg SA. But then I knew who I was playing with when I sat down, after three days I left up around $5,000.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have also played with James Woods the retired actor/ poker pro several times. He is a very personable guy and talks to everyone in the room.[/QUOTE]

James Woods. One of my favorite actors. Thats so cool.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played with quite a few pros, its fun to watch how they play, but at the same time my spidey senses always tell me I really need to focus on minimizing any tells I may have.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At last years WSOP in the Colossus I was lucky enough to have Vivian Saliba next to me. I almost knocked her out as well if not for the river. LOL Last year I sat with Shaun Deeb for 8 hours and got the greatest complement of my poker carer. After he was knocked out he told me I had played very well that day and it was a pleasure playing with me. I am sure I have played with others at the circuit events I have played and the WSOP but I did not know who they are.