Have you ever been at a table where another player attempted an angle shoot?

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Went to the Poker room in Tampa this Sunday and there were a couple of examples of bizarre activity from the other players at the table. This was a big blind ante tournament. I've noticed that even when there are only 5 players left at the table you still have to pay the antes for 10 people.

There was this one villain in the big blinds that put out some extra chips on the felt. The dealer pushed them back towards him, and when it was his turn he rapped his knuckles twice on the table. Everybody said that they saw him and thought he was checked. He claimed that he had already bet so the dealer calls for the manager to make a decision. The manager told him that you have to wait until your turn to bet, we're not playing a cash game here. The villain said that every other card room he had ever played in allowed him to do that. Tell me about it.

Then there was a lady with a short stack that put out a 5K chip in front of her and when it was her turn she pushed it out further, and the dealer proceeded to give her change. She says "What are you doing? I'm folding." So then the dealer has to call the floor again, and the manager just told her that if she wants to fold she has to say it out loud. She got her chip back, but she was still ranting about it 3-4 hands later. And I was thinking at that point "You won the argument, you've got your chip back, so stfu about it already."

Then the dealer says "Can you tell us again about what happened?" :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

So can you tell me about any situations that you've witnessed in a live tournament where any of the villains were trying to angle shoot or just weird behavior where the dealer had to call the floor for a ruling?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember an older lady "accidentally" pushed her stack across the line on the flop(She was claiming she was just trying to make room for her food). She argued like her life depended on it with the dealer that it was an accident, then she argued with the tourney director. The ruling was she had to go allin and she is called......then she flips over the nuts.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guy in a bounty tourney would throw his bounty chip in to get other people to fold when he was bluffing. He would only do it heads up if somebody bet then hed throw his chip in and if that person snap called he would say "no I didnt go all in I just said call , I didnt mean to throw the bounty" did it multiple times on 3 different tables with different dealers. The floor however on the 3rd attempt at this kove said the bounty stays but the dumbass ended up winning with 3 7 os