Chips
Here's how the hand went
- villain raised pre flop to 7.5x BB- 7.5
- i re-raised to 15 and he called
- flop was AQ Blank: i bet 20, he called
- turn was 10 clubs: i bet 30, he called
- i checked, he bet 35
- i tank fold and he shows his bluff of 97o with nothing on the board

I tried not to let it get to my head but it did, we played a PLO double board bomb pot at the end of the game, I have a backdoor flush draw at the top and 2 pair on the bottom, bets came up to 2x pot and I folded, turn got me a flush draw and a boat at the bottom. rivered the flush on the top board. I had everyone beat.

Was my love there a right one or a very nitty fold. My thoughts on the fold at the time was that it was at the end of the game and I was already down 1/3 my total buy in. Bad plays all around.

Villain doesn't usually come around for our home games but he has an image at the table that is intimidating to most of us. What should I do differently facing him next time?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What did you have in your first hand?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many BBs do you and the villan have?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Would be really helpful to know the position of his open raise and what your hand was so we can make a good honest opinion of the hand.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Did you fold K-10 or something like that or JJ? Just wondering. :unsure:
PLO is a gamble anyways, especially bomb pots. Don't get me wrong I love PLO and hi/lo, awesome games. A reraised pot-sized bet is always intimidating so a fold is nothing short of correct. One time I was in a trny and we were 7 players off the $-bubble when I mucked 44 facing a 3 bet and a 4 hits the flop and the case 4 on the turn. :eek: Some guy w/JJ won v AQo. I would've tripled up and probably made better than 6th place. Oh well.
I feel ya tho. It's just part of the game. I know it sounds lame but all you can do is tell the player "nh" and try to not let it bother you. This is where discipline takes over and the recovery process begins.
As far as what you can do next time I'd go ahead and fire that 3rd barrel on the river. Try around a 1/2 sized pot bet, maybe a little over for value. If he's trying to float, which he did, he'll think about calling or raising w/just air. I mean if you had K9 or J high that's still a bluff catcher. He only called 2 streets trying to represent at least a pair so a bet on the rvr is appropriate. GL man. :cool: