GoGo Grandparents

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A term I heard before lol, anyways

There are no fancy moves you can play on the old schoolers…I played three daytime tournaments and nothing, busted out. The waitress came around and the most outlandish thing ordered was a regular coffee, no creame or sugar.

I am a sucker for awesome stories, so I had a great time. I wouldn’t dare try to make money in the day tournaments…maybe I am just not that good at poker.

I love stories, so I will continue to play them:) 34th out of 108 at Orleans ptffh I’ll take it if I get to chat with all that life experience.:)

If I am going to make money at this game, it needs to be the late games. But I will still play the daytime games, just for the stories.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go Go Go Grandparents haha Good Luck with your day time stories and poker

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool expression. And in which tournaments was it more difficult for you to play: in the afternoon or in the evening?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool expression. And in which tournaments was it more difficult for you to play: in the afternoon or in the evening?

IMO it is much easier In the evening because people are more relaxed (not as hyper focused) and drinking alcohol etc, or in party mode ..that, and I think people become more ego driven in the evening and make more gambling type moves and errors (just what I have observed)…tournaments to me are a long marathon of waiting for others to make mistakes lol (or inducing them) So I like my odds in the evenings.

I’m still learning to play live and don’t have enough experience playing the daily games to be the best to answer that question in more detail, but that is what I have found.

I wont be playing again until March or April but do plan on playing a lot more in the future.

Last edited:
R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A term I heard before lol, anyways

There are no fancy moves you can play on the old schoolers…I played three daytime tournaments and nothing, busted out. The waitress came around and the most outlandish thing ordered was a regular coffee, no creame or sugar.

I am a sucker for awesome stories, so I had a great time. I wouldn’t dare try to make money in the day tournaments…maybe I am just not that good at poker.

I love stories, so I will continue to play them:) 34th out of 108 at Orleans ptffh I’ll take it if I get to chat with all that life experience.:)

If I am going to make money at this game, it needs to be the late games. But I will still play the daytime games, just for the stories.

GoGoGrandparents is a concierge service for Seniors

Lucky for me I still don't need it just yet:p

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
GoGoGrandparents is a concierge service for Seniors

Lucky for me I still don't need it just yet:p

I wear a T-Shirt (sometimes) which proudly states "This Grandpa belongs to... ." I guess I'm part of the club. My reason for responding to your post was your quote by Stu Ungar which I really liked. There's a movie about him that someone gave me about him which is worth watching.
Cheers.