Gamblers vs Players

B

brow02

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, it's 8:00 am here i came home after 8 hours session of live poker, blinds were 2.50/5$, i was playing very well at the start calculating the odds, reading the oponents, but after 2 hours something change, i saw a guy in the table gambling everytime, for example i was with Q-Js , i raise to 15$, everyobdy fold but he re-raise to 30$, Q-Js is good hand for me so i called , the flop was 2-7-Q, i bet the pot , and he called me i guess he has like T-Q, 9-Q, and in some cases Q-K , next card was 3, it was nice for me i bet 1/2 of the pot and he called me, last card 8, i bet 3/4 of the pot , and he called me, guess the Villain's hand? 8-2o , he re raise with no reason at the preflop, and he got 2 pairs, idk some people just gamble guys :c

Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it can be frustrating and tilting at times when they do that, but I try to remind myself you want them to do stuff like that, long term you will win far more off them than they will you

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Some players are gamblers and if you hit a drunken rich gambler, it may be a pleasure for him to humiliate another player. It doesn't have to matter if he wants to win! Of course, in the long run, you can win with them if he's a really gambler and you don't need count still your bankroll. Sometimes he can be a professional player and initially builds only such an image to finally play professionally! Professional players was a fish too and when was drunk sometimes they still like playing gamblers style. It's important to play in accordance with our bankroll ,because if not, then such cases will be painful. Whether someone is a professional or a gambler is difficult to judge after a few hands!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys, it's 8:00 am here i came home after 8 hours session of live poker, blinds were 2.50/5$, i was playing very well at the start calculating the odds, reading the oponents, but after 2 hours something change, i saw a guy in the table gambling everytime, for example i was with Q-Js , i raise to 15$, everyobdy fold but he re-raise to 30$, Q-Js is good hand for me so i called , the flop was 2-7-Q, i bet the pot , and he called me i guess he has like T-Q, 9-Q, and in some cases Q-K , next card was 3, it was nice for me i bet 1/2 of the pot and he called me, last card 8, i bet 3/4 of the pot , and he called me, guess the Villain's hand? 8-2o , he re raise with no reason at the preflop, and he got 2 pairs, idk some people just gamble guys :c
If you are disapointed when players gamble their hands, unfortunately when we want to play a serious game, we want all players being commited like us, but we have to be happy for existing bad players and that is the true funtionality of the game: fun. We are intruders in that field, we are the <10% of players that profit.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all part of the game and mostly people aren't out there just ramming, but it does happen. And there are a lot of players out there whom can afford to play how they would like.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling