Freerolls Vs micro Vs low Vs Medium/

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly want to start this thread because I am fed up.
Whenever I play with a buy in <22 I lose, my BB/100 is abysmal at these formats, whilst >22 is quiet fair 5.6BB/100. I am just wondering why and cant really find an answer. Why is it hard to play freerolls and micros than low or medium? Does anyone has the same prob?
I mean at 11 and 22 tournaments I am almost always ITM, while freerolls and low this drops significantly to below 15%, and it increases with the tournament format,
hyper +300 tournament ITM 13 times.
Turbo +250 tournaments ITM 24 times.
Normal 7-10 min +400 tournament ITM 65
15-25 min 93 tournament ITM 21 times.

As for Cahs games, +20000 hands
NL0.2 ROI -3.25% 4887
NL0.10 ROI -5.35% 8740
NL0.5 ROI -1.12% 2925
NL1 ROI +5.65% 4658
NL5 ROI +9.23% 1283

But in heads up I am very good,
If I get to the final table 62.4% I win the tournament. if final 3 83.3% if heads up 94.3%
In HU in cash games +71.3%

If you are wondering why I dont continue playing at those formats, well I am a student and need cash because Im jobeless and living in a foreign country.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly want to start this thread because I am fed up.
Whenever I play with a buy in <22 I lose, my BB/100 is abysmal at these formats, whilst >22 is quiet fair 5.6BB/100. I am just wondering why and cant really find an answer. Why is it hard to play freerolls and micros than low or medium? Does anyone has the same prob?
I mean at 11 and 22 tournaments I am almost always ITM, while freerolls and low this drops significantly to below 15%, and it increases with the tournament format,
hyper +300 tournament ITM 13 times.
Turbo +250 tournaments ITM 24 times.
Normal 7-10 min +400 tournament ITM 65
15-25 min 93 tournament ITM 21 times.

As for Cahs games, +20000 hands
NL0.2 ROI -3.25% 4887
NL0.10 ROI -5.35% 8740
NL0.5 ROI -1.12% 2925
NL1 ROI +5.65% 4658
NL5 ROI +9.23% 1283

But in heads up I am very good,
If I get to the final table 62.4% I win the tournament. if final 3 83.3% if heads up 94.3%
In HU in cash games +71.3%

If you are wondering why I dont continue playing at those formats, well I am a student and need cash because Im jobeless and living in a foreign country.

Thank you for posting.

Alex Fitzgerald poker coach and player has done a lot of data set work on the differences between Mid-stakes and lower stakes

One of the key points is mid-stake players fold 1 pair post flop 40% of the time and lower stakes fold 1 pair only 20% of the time.

That is a huge difference when it comes to winning pots without a showdown.
The more often we have to win pots at showdown the more often card distribution not skill makes the difference in our win rate.

Hope this helps
:):)

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Why is it hard to play freerolls and micros than low or medium?"

People here massive recreational players, they are making actions in the spirit of getting big stacks early on. Also, in every party 3-4 people are represented which ruin premium hands chances more and give space to medium or even garbage hands to improve. So when you are making value or even a bluff, you have to select the sizes really carfully, and count many combinations especially the early stages.

Higher levels can have significant mistakes and crazy players, but in general people are trying to make the more from them, so they giving a better performance, and thinking their playing more long-term. Also these are often not as crowded as the freerolls or micro ones.

So I really get what you want to show us, and strenghten you to not to make huge ecpectations for the free-micro levels. They can be entertaining, even profitable, but you need to over or underplay hands many times, while the higher levels are more careful their stack-sizes, positions etc.

Your stats are great tho, and as you are comfortable with final tables too, I must have say keep the hard work continue, and play those which you have a mood for and can be profitable for you if you want to see the money side too. Also we are human, we cannot do the same enthusiasm every day in poker too, so don't be upset about cold runs, if you are capable of doing better, it will change.

Good luck to you. :)

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more often we have to win pots at showdown the more often card distribution not skill makes the difference in our win rate.

Hope this helps
:):)
Thanks for the info, I kind off figured that out whilst playing, some guys never fold medium pairs, let alone +QQ, postflop even if the board is yelling out smth else.
I have more hard time against players that shove w/ semi-bluffs alot, esoecially at low stakes. Just to figure out what they think you have is almost impossible. Thus, my VPIP there in low tournaments is btween 18-24. but AF is pretty high 3.2.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Why is it hard to play freerolls and micros than low or medium?"

People here massive recreational players, they are making actions in the spirit of getting big stacks early on. Also, in every party 3-4 people are represented which ruin premium hands chances more and give space to medium or even garbage hands to improve. So when you are making value or even a bluff, you have to select the sizes really carfully, and count many combinations especially the early stages.

Higher levels can have significant mistakes and crazy players, but in general people are trying to make the more from them, so they giving a better performance, and thinking their playing more long-term. Also these are often not as crowded as the freerolls or micro ones.

So I really get what you want to show us, and strenghten you to not to make huge ecpectations for the free-micro levels. They can be entertaining, even profitable, but you need to over or underplay hands many times, while the higher levels are more careful their stack-sizes, positions etc.

Your stats are great tho, and as you are comfortable with final tables too, I must have say keep the hard work continue, and play those which you have a mood for and can be profitable for you if you want to see the money side too. Also we are human, we cannot do the same enthusiasm every day in poker too, so don't be upset about cold runs, if you are capable of doing better, it will change.

Good luck to you. :)
Well, just to comprehend the frustration of someone who cannot get a break. In a most recent tournament I was dealt AA UTG+ in a high VPIP table. x2.2 MP 3bets 7.5, two callers. I 4bet x21 everyone called. bear in mind we werent deep, the deepest stack was 79, I had 52 BB.
A27 rainbow. I checked, MP raised 1/4 pot, BTN went allin, I called MP shoved I called.
T2.
BTN had absolutly nothing, went allin with JT waiting for running cards, MP had Deuce. I mean what the actual heck?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Part of the reason it easier at the higher levels is also the skill level. When you have aces you want action. at the higher levels people fold to a 3bet A8o and 74o hands and never think of playing them. In the lowest stakes people will see the ace and think if they hit it they will win. Off suit hands no problem. It is exactly what you want. the issue maybe how your playing them. Just because you have a hand does not mean they cant have some odd 2 pair ect. I find that you need to play you good hand strongly but carefully at the lower levels when compared to the higher ones. When you have a very strong hand bet them harder and they will call your more with 2nd, 3rd and even 4th pair.

Just last night I got someone to call my 5 bet shove with KQo. If he was thinking about what hands I would have played that way he would have folded. But he put me on something he thought he had beat or something. I got him do do what I wanted and I was in with the monster hand. Just wish the result had been different. LOL

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sounds like you're could benefit from being staked by the community or by CC, you should check out the Staking threads if you haven't already. :)

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like you're could benefit from being staked by the community or by CC, you should check out the Staking threads if you haven't already. :)
couldnt even if I would. german regulations

Freeroll Passwords