happy to take people's money that has more of it then common sense

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happy to take people's money that has more of it then common sense

Please provide what do you mean :) People think they win your money but they are wrong they call and you win and take their money? :D Good! :D I like if it's often :) Another question: 4/8 is dollars or cents? ;-)

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4/8 relimit is what I call ABC poker. If you want to get your feet wet in love play. find a 4/8 limit game.

1/2 no limit can be fine too. You are playing soft competition with more money than poker skills.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4/8 relimit is what I call ABC poker. If you want to get your feet wet in love play. find a 4/8 limit game.

1/2 no limit can be fine too. You are playing soft competition with more money than poker skills.

I definitely agree with this. One difference too is that in live 1/2 NL you can absolutely still bluff sometimes, whereas in live 4/8 limit I think you're value betting almost 100% of the time since almost all pots are multiway with many people sticking around to showdown. So if you're willing to wait for a hand and bet it, you get paid off!

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely agree with this. One difference too is that in live 1/2 NL you can absolutely still bluff sometimes, whereas in live 4/8 limit I think you're value betting almost 100% of the time since almost all pots are multiway with many people sticking around to showdown. So if you're willing to wait for a hand and bet it, you get paid off!

Absolutely agree here. Nobody is folding in 4/8 limit, nobody is scared of a raise . You cannot bluff in 4/8 limit .

hands such as suited broadways and connectors , suited gappers and the like have much more value here. If someone bets they likely have the best made hand at that moment. Two pairs , and weak aces go up in value in this game as well . Many new players overlook 4/8 limit for the cash cow that it is because they dont have the patience for it, They also are too agressive and tend to not be able to slow it down and play fundamental poker .

If you can, it can be very lucrative and a bankroll builder . If you cant, you would likely quit playing poker after a game of 4/8 because you WILL be sucked out on . YOU will be rivered often. No matter your skill level.

Knowing when to 3 bet reraise all in means nothing in Limit poker

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely agree Criplgamer. I played some low-stakes limit after reading Ed Miller's book many years back and found it to be a great game with some patience like you said. Occasionally you can knock people out, like if you're second to act at the turn and raise a bet so they're facing 2 BB to stay in. But I think if you assumed that you had to take 100% of hands to showdown that wouldn't be the worst strategy :D