First Time Playing Live/ 125 $ Tourny Advice

C

Cbet buddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m playing in my first live Poker Event soon, I feel sttong and have a good understanding of the game. I’ve taken D negs Masterclass and I’ve been following poker blogs for a while. I’m still nervous however and I’ll be playing in - 125 dollar one re entry tournament. 30 min levels. Any advive for me, first time in a poker room.

Thanks!!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m playing in my first live Poker Event soon, I feel sttong and have a good understanding of the game. I’ve taken D negs Masterclass and I’ve been following poker blogs for a while. I’m still nervous however and I’ll be playing in - 125 dollar one re entry tournament. 30 min levels. Any advive for me, first time in a poker room.

Thanks!!

Pay attention to the action whenever you haven't acted yet !

If you are not sure - ask the dealer if that 1,000 chip in front of a player is a raise or a call.

Make sure you understand the overchip rule. If it is 150/300 and you want to raise from the SB and you toss a 500 chip out without saying anything then that is a call and not a raise. All you have to do is say raise before you add the 500 chip - and it becomes a raise to a total of 650.

Make sure you know what the actual/current blind level is. Make sure you know if blinds have gone up. Big mistake you will see is player raises an amount that was standard for the last level of play - but now it is only a min-raise and may let too many players into the hand.

Declare your intentions clearly to the dealer. The dealer is the only one that needs to know what you are going to do.....but please...let them know! LOL

Good luck !

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great advice from Poker Mike. In addition, wait until the action is on you, or at least the player ahead of you before looking at your cards. Looking early can give information to opponents...eg: if you have nothing, you might make a dejected face and pick up your cards as if you were going to throw them in, or if you have a strong hand, you may cover them with your hand or a card protector too early. When you then bet, others will know you have a good opening hand.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to you, don't do the hasty conclusions.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thanks!!

Hi There
Be cool keep your focus be patient and Good Luck!!!!!!!!

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember to have fun, and remember that you’re probably better than at least 5 others at the table.

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks!!

Don't wait for aces, try to take down some pots early while the blinds are low to help secure a bigger stack for later levels of play. Always Fold K10 Q10 QJ A10 AJ out of pos when the pot has been raised. Either 3bet or fold unless you are in position.

Almost always try to setmine with your pocket pairs.

Don't overplay Big hands, Many Donkeydoos like to overplay their big hands and lose alot of value because they went kamakazee

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first suggestion would be to stop giving "poker classes" your money.:eek:

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

very high value to start .. but relax and good game, I hope everything goes well.
Thanks!!

Organize a Home Poker Game