My first live poker

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I participated for the first time in my life in a live game...a cash one.
I write my frustrations here, because I want to get rid of negative thoughts,it was awful...After 15 minutes of playing, I receive JJ, I rise a 3-bet preflop, I am paid by 3 individuals ... Flop: 3 9 10 One of them raises half of my total amount of money, I'm all-in Turn: 7 River 10 he had J10 ...
Did I play this hand bad?or just bad luck...

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You're just not lucky, in most similar situations I would play a mirror to you. Don't be disappointed, win ahead! :)

M

Munchen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play the same. the guy just got one of two outs with which he could win. Just out of luck this time :(

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what size your 3 bet was. In such cases, my 3bet is usually equal to my all-in. I think there is your mistake too, if you would give an all inn before the flop, your opponent would most likely fold and not see the flop. Well, in this situation, your opponent was very lucky, he had only two outs. Most importantly, do not despair, I wish you good luck and victories in the future.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck

In most instances you played well, he might have decided to give it up if your bet was bigger but he had a piece and some people like to be stubborn and go for it.
if you played that same hand 5 times you would win 4 out of 5--maybe-lol

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didnt play live poker ,only with friends,in my opinion its very intense ..[emoji4]

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess that's why they say there are 2 ways to play pocket Jacks, and they're both wrong. Pocket Jacks are a tough hand to play...all in and there are many big hands that have you beat...play it slow and some guy with 7,2 offsuit pulls two 7s on the flop and you are toast.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what size your 3 bet was. In such cases, my 3bet is usually equal to my all-in. I think there is your mistake too, if you would give an all inn before the flop, your opponent would most likely fold and not see the flop. Well, in this situation, your opponent was very lucky, he had only two outs. Most importantly, do not despair, I wish you good luck and victories in the future.
JJ is too weak to o shove pre flop. His play was fine.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will have played this hand the same way with these cards on the flop. but sometimes because of the variance. you don't win even if you've made the right decisions. I wish you good luck for your next games.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be cruel game sometimes. Good luck next time.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I participated for the first time in my life in a live game...a cash one.
I write my frustrations here, because I want to get rid of negative thoughts,it was awful...After 15 minutes of playing, I receive JJ, I rise a 3-bet preflop, I am paid by 3 individuals ... Flop: 3 9 10 One of them raises half of my total amount of money, I'm all-in Turn: 7 River 10 he had J10 ...

Yes, you played a marginal hand , one dominated facing a large raise badly .

JJ is not a great hand. Actually on par winning percentage wise with 1010, 99, ECT.

Most pros will tell you like AQ, JJ can get you in a ton of trouble. You should of thrown the hand away when you were raised. You are thinking only of what YOU hold , not even worrying about what the other player may have that can beat you.

This isn't online play. Live cash players often have bankrolls to back them and have played a long time. I didn't see one sentence about the opposing players age, demeanor, table image, or if you picked up any tells or not. That's likely because you are so used to playing online none of that matters to you. There is a reason live poker separates the men from the boys so to speak.

You just found out you have a lot to learn about poker, live and otherwise. Consider it a cheap lesson.

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you played a marginal hand , one dominated facing a large raise badly .

JJ is not a great hand. Actually on par winning percentage wise with 1010, 99, ECT.

Most pros will tell you like AQ, JJ can get you in a ton of trouble. You should of thrown the hand away when you were raised. You are thinking only of what YOU hold , not even worrying about what the other player may have that can beat you.

This isn't online play. Live cash players often have bankrolls to back them and have played a long time. I didn't see one sentence about the opposing players age, demeanor, table image, or if you picked up any tells or not. That's likely because you are so used to playing online none of that matters to you. There is a reason live poker separates the men from the boys so to speak.

You just found out you have a lot to learn about poker, live and otherwise. Consider it a cheap lesson.
YES you are right I have a lot to learn! And I will do my best...!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just an unlucky river.

Villain thinks he is good with top pair and backdoor straight draw on the flop.

You called the raise when you had the best hand. If you do this all the time you will be profitable in the long-term.

Now you see things like this don't only happen online...lol

Good luck next time !

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just an unlucky river.

Villain thinks he is good with top pair and backdoor straight draw on the flop.

You called the raise when you had the best hand. If you do this all the time you will be profitable in the long-term.

Now you see things like this don't only happen online...lol

Good luck next time !
Tanks buddy! I hope you had a really nice day!bye bye

Organize a Home Poker Game