My experience.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently played my first live tournament at a club in my city.
It was a freeroll with 3,000 chips in the blind 50/100 or 30 blinds.

my experience was exactly like playing an online freeroll with random all-ins and players limping in.

I fell early in the tournament, to a player who limped in from UTG with AK and other players also called the blind only, so I shoved AJo from the small blind, to try to kick everyone out of the pot and get the dead chips in the pot.

that was my experience.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Oh man bummer! Better luck next time!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

my experience was exactly like playing an online freeroll with random all-ins and players limping in.

I fell early in the tournament, to a player who limped in from UTG with AK and other players also called the blind only, so I shoved AJo from the small blind, to try to kick everyone out of the pot and get the dead chips in the pot.

that was my experience.

I am sorry it did not go better for you. Hopefully i will be better next time. While this may have you thinking negatively don't let it bother you. Its just one time.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it is hard to distance yourself from bad experience, but we need to remember that statistic based on large amount of data, so just keep trying and track your journey.

jaoDuraes

jaoDuraes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Man, that's a shame, I hope you can do better next time, where do you live, are these freerolls normal? here in BH there is nothing about poker

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove with AJo... yeah I 'll do that to when I'm bored in the tourney, need to do something else, & want out of the game. Its not a $100K guaranteed tourney anyway. Fishes just wanna have fun!!!

U

Ultra21

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips

that was my experience.
At least you now know there's a player in that group who has a limp/3-bet range full of premium hands. Use it to your advantage the next time you encounter him or other players with this range.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A first outing is always exciting. Best wishes for a long and successful time playing live tournaments. :)

PS - I'd never even heard of a live free roll. Sounds like fun. :)

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I hope the next time you win, but this is poker and if we don’t play well we can lose a lot. And analyze this hand, maybe you can call and see the flop and take a better decision in this street or the next.
Good luck the next time.