Double KJo bust Aks... Help me out!!

M

MrRed484

Rising Star
Total posts
Some advice needed? Did I play the hand the right way..

Cash game 1/1/2

UTG (loose player who is a pro) 2bet £8
UTG+1 calls
Action folds to me on the button and I have AKs.. I call the bet as I didn't want to bloat the pot and wanted to see a flop in position knowing the pro was in the hand. I had £150 behind and was the shorter stack at the table.
The SB 3 bets to £50... I saw this as a squeeze..
Utg pro folds ..
Utg +1 calls the £50
I go all in for £150.. To squeeze the squeeze
The SB calls and the utg+1 calls ..
They both turn over KJo and I have the AKs
I'm a 4/1 Favourite and the flop come
Q J 4 rainbow ..the board runs out 8 2
I loss obviously but was it the right play?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
No. You were perfectly set up to squeeze yet you played scared.

M

MrRed484

Rising Star
Total posts
No. You were perfectly set up to squeeze yet you played scared.
I did squeeze! .. I was getting 5/2 on my money when I called the £8 in position with a premium hand.. the 3bet from the blind made me squeeze on the second orbit!.. I see where your coming from but If I try the squeeze play on the first orbit then the blind and UTG+1 call me and I'm 3 ways to a Flop on a Q J 4 board! They both hit their Jack and I've 3 outs! I'll obviously think I've 6 outs not knowing they hit Thier pair with a king kicker, which leaves me to think I'm a 3/1 dog!....

what do I do when it comes round to me on the button, knowing I've put one 3rd of my stack in before the flop with Ace high!??... C bet??.. the pot would stand me at even money so effectively I'm pot committed if I make a play at it!..

I still think getting all my money in pre flop against two players holding a worse hand was the right play!..

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Action folds to me on the button and I have AKs.. I call the bet as I didn't want to bloat the pot and wanted to see a flop in position knowing the pro was in the hand.

This is the squeeze you missed. Your in the best position on the table with a top10 starting hand and you 'didn't want to bloat the pot' ???? Bloat all day every day with AK!! If they call you and you miss the flop but the flop smashes their floating range then fold and top up to a full stack and continue to battle. If the 150 was all you had left then don't just raise go AI, basic short stack strategy.

M

MrRed484

Rising Star
Total posts
This is the squeeze you missed. Your in the best position on the table with a top10 starting hand and you 'didn't want to bloat the pot' ???? Bloat all day every day with AK!! If they call you and you miss the flop but the flop smashes their floating range then fold and top up to a full stack and continue to battle. If the 150 was all you had left then don't just raise go AI, basic short stack strategy.
Short stack!?... I had 75 BB ..

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Short stack!?... I had 75 BB ..

Yeah I know, right!!! But unfortunately that is the way that I would perceive you if I was at the table. I'll bet that the max buy-in at this game was 200 or 300 or maybe even 500. This was one of the biggest adjustments that I had to make when going from online ring games to live. There was no more 2.5x-3x opens that maybe get 1-2 callers, live it most always is 5x-8x opens with 3-5 callers and typically there are multiple AI hands every orbit.

M

MrRed484

Rising Star
Total posts
On average playing live, what is a good hourly input for a recreational player?

For example

Is 50 sessions of 6 hours decent over a 12 month period?

Reason I'm asking is because I recently played a live cash and went after 5 hours.. the game slowed down and the the value wasn't on the table anymore. I decent to leave the 1-1 game 25% up on my max buy-in ..

Good or bad!??....

Let me know

Peace [emoji1365]

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Some advice needed? Did I play the hand the right way..

Cash game 1/1/2

UTG (loose player who is a pro) 2bet £8
UTG+1 calls
Action folds to me on the button and I have AKs.. I call the bet as I didn't want to bloat the pot

Okay, fair enough.

The SB 3 bets to £50... I saw this as a squeeze..
Utg pro folds ..
Utg +1 calls the £50
I go all in for £150.. To squeeze the squeeze

Okay, but now you changed your strategy of not wanting to build a pot pre-flop. I guess what I'm wondering is, you had the best position in this hand, wouldn't you prefer to be the one applying the pressure on the other players than having to react to it? By time that other person made is 50 to go, you had to think there was a possibility that they weren't going to fold to a shove.

I think if I were in that position, I'd rather be the one making it 50 to go and end the hand right then and there. AKs is a strong hand, but it's still just a drawing hand.

What information did you have on the player in the Small Blind that changed your approach? I'm just curious, I'm not being critical of your play here, as had you won the hand, that would have been the best case scenario, and you did put it in good.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Probably should have played the AK more aggressive initially, but not sure it's gonna affect the outcome. Those two guys were ready to go to the mat with KJo, so you were gonna get screwed eventually. Maybe if you raise to 50, the SB and UTG+1 call and you save yourself 100 when one of them shoves the flop.