Donk? Tournament

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok here we go, some details missing but the story isn’t bad.

My stack is healthy, villian, less by 2x .

villian, AQs spades-suited BB. Hero ? Sb 65s clubs.
Blinds, i think we’re 400-400-200 bb anti.
The usual 2 limpers in the field, I call , complete the blind
BB goes to 1400, all fold to me SB. I complete the call.

Being suited, closing the action, I call.
Several actions with this player, tight passive, older , studies JL. Solid player, but seems on edge, frustration had set in from lack of hands and bad run outs. .

Flop. K J 3 clubs.
( flopped the flush 6 high)

What do you do?

I CHECK.

villain ( for lack of a better term), goes $3000. About 1/3 of his stack.

What do you do??

I jam him all in. ( check raise ) .

He’s frustrated, tanks, Goes verbal with frustration,

Calls, run out is blank blank,, I take him out.

Nice guy, I like him, but he looses control for a bit, a few cuss words, but apologetic after.

Lesson, after running a poker cruncher, using what I think is a villain calling range, wide.

Preflop. 70 / 30 % for villian. Approx.

Post flop.. 70 / 30 % hero ( for lack of a better term)

Thoughts???

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems reasonable. With 3 limpers in the pot along with the BB ante I think V's pre flop raise was criminally undersized. Your call represented about 28% of the pot so if you're a 70/30 dog you're getting close to even odds to see a flop. V is tight passive and tilting so it should be pretty obvious which flops he will hit. We could get into trouble vs overpairs when we flop a draw or a single pair but in general I think we can navigate this post flop well enough to call. Had he made it 2k+ to go I think we have to fold pre.

I think post flop is standard. We don't want to donk lead here vs tilting V who will over c-bet anyways. x/jam seems best here since there's 7k in the pot after his bet and he only has 6k left in his stack. Our hand is strong but we don't want to give any free cards as an additional club or a board pairing card could lose us the hand or kill the action.

Last edited: