Do you call?

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I just finished a live session 1€-3€ where things didn't really go my way. I had around 400€.
At some point (I was already down a buy-in and half) happens this hand:
Raise 10€ from utg+1
I call in LJ with Qd8d, cut off calls, Button calls.
Flop: AdKdJc
Utg +1 cbet 20€, I call
Cutoff (which is a really bad player) raises to 55€, Button calls.
Utg+1 goes all-in (around 350€). What would you do?
As nothing seemed to go my way I folded...
The cutoff player folded. The button called with QcTc (the temporary nuts).

A 3rd diamond came in the turn [emoji24].

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't have been in the hand, but if I was I wouldn't call!

C

cotydys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Statistically not a call spot, but what do I know, I chase flushes too often lol

S

SvetRusLove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not call even preflop with that hand, I guess it's not profitable in the long run.

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran the numbers and It wouldn't have been that bad to call. I would have been 28% Vs 36% Vs 35%.
Some replied it was a loose call. It's true. I was already tilted from a previous hand (a guy called my preflop raise with 85o and made a straight Vs my top 2 pairs AT...).

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran the numbers and It wouldn't have been that bad to call. I would have been 28% Vs 36% Vs 35%.
Some replied it was a loose call. It's true. I was already tilted from a previous hand (a guy called my preflop raise with 85o and made a straight Vs my top 2 pairs AT...).
I mean a loose call preflop

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have noted, you should not be in the hand at all, otherwise the fold is fine.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I just finished a live session 1€-3€ where things didn't really go my way. I had around 400€.
Raise 10€ from utg+1
Utg +1 cbet 20€, I call

Thank you for posting.

If we are calling vs UTG 1 it is because we believe we can play well post flop vs them not just to try to hit the third nut flush or Top pair dominated kicker hand therefore we want to clean up our outs by ISO raising Q8dd not just calling pre.
That is if we can get others to fold if not we can call but we are in real danger of better flushes and better Qx being in the hand. Therefore exploit folding is what we do post flop to this kind of action.

Hope this helps
:):)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love this question as it one of the tougher spots I have seen here in a long time.We have a straight and flush draw but the ways its player out so far I would think playing for the straight would be playing for a chop at this pot so I wont count them outs. While we are hoping for the nut flush and its rare to have a 2nd flush draw going at the same time we could be against another weaker draw as well. We could be against a set or 2 but them lose one out as a paired board on the river would give them the boat if we hit. At least the jack would be a royal so that nice but is that card even available here. I think calling would not be the worst move at this point but what would I do I really am not sure. I think I fold it here if I am on my game.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't have played Qd8d in first place. The hand does poorly against EP range and calling gives late position good odds to call.
However, I might have called had I played this hand. The flush outs are clean. Also folding flush draws multi-way is difficult as the pot odds improve a lot and our equity doesn't drop as much with clean outs.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

Raise 10€ from utg+1
Utg +1 cbet 20€, I call

I would have not folded out there because we have the Qd as we block his nut flush draw and we have the straight draw to so in my opinion if utg+1 bet on the flop I would have reraised there and I think he is too aggressive so he would have shove there as he got the straight and we call.