Disordered Stub

C

chotwar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NLHE. Dealer has completed the deal and prior to the flop or any action, the dealer has, by accident, exposed the next 2 cards ( i.e.the burn card and the first card of the flop) but was unable to say which was which. What should be the procedure? The deal was declared a missdeal . I was a bit dissgruntled as I had pocket 10s and one of the cards exposed was a 10!:mad: I can't find anything definitive in the rules.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
NLHE. Dealer has completed the deal and prior to the flop or any action, the dealer has, by accident, exposed the next 2 cards ( i.e.the burn card and the first card of the flop) but was unable to say which was which. What should be the procedure? The deal was declared a missdeal . I was a bit dissgruntled as I had pocket 10s and one of the cards exposed was a 10!:mad: I can't find anything definitive in the rules.

When any 2 cards have been exposed it is a misdeal. See section 3 under misdeals 1a

https://www.homepokergames.com/roberts-rules-poker.php

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be upset as well but for me I would say the only option would be declared a misdeal

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hate doing this for first time posters, but later I will read through the rules. My initial thought is that the cards are announced and become the next two burns, but sometimes cards can be shuffled back into the deck. I'll check. I don't believe it is a misdeal.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When any 2 cards have been exposed it is a misdeal. See section 3 under misdeals 1a

https://www.homepokergames.com/roberts-rules-poker.php
You are correct Sir.

I had no idea that such a straightforward rule was in place. I have a different set of RRoP (Version 4), so it's under Section 3 General Poker Rules, Misdeals 1b.

"The following circumstances cause a misdeal......Two or more cards have been exposed by the dealer."

and I think your set (Version 11) is actually under Misdeals 2b, but whatever.

I thought that once action had commenced, one, two cards exposed, the hand continued. But the way it reads, if the dealer exposes one card dealing down cards and a burn card later on, the hand is a misdeal. Even writing this now I can't believe that. This will require a more thorough reread later. Hmmmmmm....

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You are correct Sir.

I had no idea that such a straightforward rule was in place. I have a different set of RRoP (Version 4), so it's under Section 3 General Poker Rules, Misdeals 1b.

"The following circumstances cause a misdeal......Two or more cards have been exposed by the dealer."

and I think your set (Version 11) is actually under Misdeals 2b, but whatever.

I thought that once action had commenced, one, two cards exposed, the hand continued. But the way it reads, if the dealer exposes one card dealing down cards and a burn card later on, the hand is a misdeal. Even writing this now I can't believe that. This will require a more thorough reread later. Hmmmmmm....
Hey Tim,
I copy and pasted a reply with an old reference to misdeals rule 1b (and I mistyped it as 1a) but I included a different link to the version 11 which changed the numbering even more, my bad. This is a bit of a chore to read it all, but there are some interesting circumstances, such as for games like stud where there are up and down cards, one really has to read the whole thing and be paying attention to the details. I have not read the whole thing for a while so I suppose I should read it again. Too busy playing poker at the moment! Lol.

Also, yes, you're right, the poster of the op may be gone quickly, but it does remind us of many things. And it did spawn an interesting conversation.

Cheers buddy,
:icon_sunn Brian :icon_sunn

Last edited: