Chip Counts

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best way to keep a running total of your chip stack and other players so you know where you stand? When playing a good hand 10/10 I tend call and then wait to see who called or raised. Let say it's 2 people in play, I call (small chip stack) and the opponent raises 3BB. I know I have a good hand but I may call or fold depending on that persons chip stack and other things I know about the player, but generally make my decision on whether he can buy me out or can i get away with calling.

All suggestions are welcome on how to keep track of players chip count :)

Last edited:
manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the best way to keep a running total of your chip stack and other players so you know where you stand? When playing a good hand 10/10 I tend call and then wait to see who called or raised. Let say it's 2 people in play, I call (small chip stack) and the opponent raises 3BB. I know I have a good hand but I may call or fold depending on that persons chip stack and other things I know about the player, but generally make my decision on whether he can buy me out or can i get away with calling.

All suggestions are welcome on how to keep track of players chip count :)
I have trouble that one myself, bottom line depends on my hand, but I find large stack will try to push you off a hand. So if I have good odds I will call, small stacks (and this depends on the player, so know your apponent) I find will have a good starting hand if they 3BB. So unless if my stack is 10/1 theirs I fold.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the opponent and position on which I sit. Increasingly put 3bet is likely. The hand is good but vulnerable, particularly in multipote.