Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has anyone played on a Card Player Cruise before?

I've been wanting to book one for years, and next year might be a realistic possibility for me.

If you have gone on one, what was your experience like?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has anyone played on a Card Player Cruise before?

I've been wanting to book one for years, and next year might be a realistic possibility for me.

If you have gone on one, what was your experience like?

Jason, I have never been on the cruse at all but I did meet someone at the poker table talking about the one they were on. While the cruse was great he found the tournament is be not with playing due to the sizes. He did say the cash games were very profitable with bad players. I dont know how reliable this info is. To be honest, I still want to go one one as well.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jason, I have never been on the cruse at all but I did meet someone at the poker table talking about the one they were on. While the cruse was great he found the tournament is be not with playing due to the sizes. He did say the cash games were very profitable with bad players. I dont know how reliable this info is. To be honest, I still want to go one one as well.

Good to know. There is one in October 2022 going to Bermuda that looks like it could be a possibility for me to do. It's only 5 days.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to work on a cruise ship and hope this doesn’t come across as negative etc but if I were to be on a cruise as a passenger, I would spend the first half hour cleaning the room with Clorox wipes. Wipe the countertops and the phone ...wait here is a good link lol. This isn’t being a germophobe which I am not, it’s just straight basics to me. I have seen how fast the rooms get cleaned and it’s pretty eye opening...that is not to say all cruises are alike but it is a super fast turn around for cruises, there simply isn’t time to do it right.
https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/articles.cfm?ID=3738

Also
My preference is to get a room in the middle of the boat, you wouldn’t think waves would ever be an issue and almost all the cruises I was on never are, but when the waves come it can be intense and being in the middle of the boat is best as rocking can be pretty unreal at times lol
Here is a great link explaining cabin placement, not really a big deal but something to think about etc
https://thepointsguy.com/news/best-cruise-ship-cabin-locations/

I can talk a lot about ship life as a crew member but no need lol

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played poker on a cruise before, the service and the food was great.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need to post a story I read from Phil Gordon on a cruise ( from the blue book, I think) I was laughing so hard it was hard to pick the book back up. It was hilarious story, not any major tourney etc but always made me think and laugh about poker on a cruise ship

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I used to work on a cruise ship and hope this doesn’t come across as negative etc but if I were to be on a cruise as a passenger, I would spend the first half hour cleaning the room with Clorox wipes. Wipe the countertops and the phone ...wait here is a good link lol. This isn’t being a germophobe which I am not, it’s just straight basics to me. I have seen how fast the rooms get cleaned and it’s pretty eye opening...that is not to say all cruises are alike but it is a super fast turn around for cruises, there simply isn’t time to do it right.
https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/articles.cfm?ID=3738

Also
My preference is to get a room in the middle of the boat, you wouldn’t think waves would ever be an issue and almost all the cruises I was on never are, but when the waves come it can be intense and being in the middle of the boat is best as rocking can be pretty unreal at times lol
Here is a great link explaining cabin placement, not really a big deal but something to think about etc
https://thepointsguy.com/news/best-cruise-ship-cabin-locations/

I can talk a lot about ship life as a crew member but no need lol

Also good to know. I've never been on a cruise ship ever. I've been on smaller boats like lake boats, but never a ship. I was wondering if I would get seasick or not. I do sometimes get car sickness if I'm riding in the back of a car. But if I'm driving or in the passenger seat, I don't.