belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is an upcoming freeroll at caesers in indiana, anyone ever go to one of these? I was thinking about making the drive but can't find any info and would like to know the chances of even getting in.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/caesars-palace-indiana-10-000-freeroll-89507/

I went to the one last month, pretty sweet tournament, only the top 3 places pay.
Repeat ONLY the top 3 places pay, there were around 650 - 700 people last time. I was in the top 30.

Two buddies of mine and I went, we got there around 4am, played a cash table until 5, then jumped straight in line. Well come to find out anybody playing in the pit got their tickets first...Oh well....we still got ours. If I knew we would have gotten them first and didn't have to get up I would have kept playing.
Basically get there around 4am or so to stand in line, or at least wait for a line to form. It started forming around 5am last time, and within 5 minutes the line was out of the bottom deck and up the stairs.
Even if you don't get there until 9am you will still get a ticket, you just will be an "alternate" which sucks becaue they put you in after so many people are out depending on your ticket number. Your chips stack is also "blinded" down.

If you can make it to the money its nice.
1st. - $10,000
2nd. - $2,000
3rd. - $1,000

If you go take some money to play the cash tables and the SNG's. I say this because you will have plenty of time. You'll get your ticket at 6, come back at 11 to register, then back to play at 3:00pm.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the info, I think I may be making a drive down. Some owner of some kind of ball team is on the name of it :D and I do love a freeroll.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well I went, but didn't get there in time to play in the pit. Got in line and was 421 with 300 starting, with blind increases every 15 minutes and a 1000 dollar starting chipstack, by the time I got to play it wasn't really worth it. However I think I love Caesers now, I got to play pot limit omaha and made back my loses on the slots. Said I would never play slots but they have this wheel of fortune that is really quite addicting, spin that wheel vanna :) . If I do it again I suppose I will have to get a room and start playing poker before the line up like you advised, but all in all a great time.