Body language in poker

mosgan

mosgan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What character traits (habits) have you noticed in your competitors?

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I remember a live NLHE game that i played with some friends and one of them when the flop came and he connect with the flop (top pair and better) looked away.. so i could catch him on bluff or bluff him away..

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like to get into a conversation and listen to voice cadence. Engaging in dialog not in the hand you will notice relax body language that might differ while talking about a hand you are in.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What character traits (habits) have you noticed in your competitors?

I'll tell you that at PokerSTARS the body language of players is generally not very convincing, but generally the ones I play are aggressive in the hands that are most likely to win.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite question in a live poker game is: do you want me to fold my cards? usually it makes the opponent confused and you can guess by the reaction, try it sometime:)

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would think you wouldn't see it but you actually do sometimes: where people give you "the speech" when they have AA preflop or some kind of monster post flop. Things like: "Well, I gotta go home, so I guess I'm all in". "I know you got me, but I guess I'm all in". "Your raising, huh? Well, I guess I'm all in. Send me home".

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play online, so I do not notice any habits of my opponents. But undoubtedly body language will always be relevant when playing live.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Kind of difficult to spot any language at all on online poker
So i´m in the dark as a I play only online
rgds

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite question in a live poker game is: do you want me to fold my cards? usually it makes the opponent confused and you can guess by the reaction, try it sometime:)
I got asked that question more times then any other playing live poker. at first you are right, it catches you off guard, which can reveal alot to your opponent. especially if you are on a bluff. after further consideration I give the same reply to that question to all my opponents. in order to relay the pressure on them without giving anything away. i tell them "look if you fold i win 100% of the time everytime. if you call you might have a percentage or 2 hope" :)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Impatience is the most common habit

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch where the villan puts their hands and how far they put their chips in. I also like to see if the villans are looking like they are going to toss their cards preflop.

doma47

doma47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ussualy if you cant see nothing from their face and if you are next to them , you can see they are bouncing their legs and looking for you to call , then they have the best hand most of the time

And you need to look all the time how they are betting and throwing or stacking the chips , if they make a unusual big bet and they are overconfident, most of the time its bluff

But there are books about body language what will tell you more about it , and this is just what for me worked out several times in live game