To anyone's knowledge, has this ever been done before?

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning to all my fellow cards chat members. I want to ask you a question today maybe some of you can give me an answer to. In The pub poker league that I belong to the person running the league wants to buy a $4,000 table that is a equipped to look at hole cards and to be able to stream live special events that we hold every so often. he's trying to do this by getting donations like selling T-shirts hoodies hats and even having a separate thing to just donate to the table. I would like to know have you ever heard of this for any other poker league before live streaming a final table of one of their specialty events if you have it would be very nice if you would drop by and leave a comment and tell me how did that go about and how successful was it thank you and have a nice and blessed day goodbye.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never heard of such thing, and I don't even understand the rationale behind it. What kind of audience would such a stream target? Who knows about the events besides the players' family and friends?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It might be interesting to see how this all turns out. I guess they might be thinking it would be fun to do or interesting to the locals? and perhaps if it is successful enough, others would be interested either to participate or tune in? Who knows?

But, no I have not heard of any poker room trying something like this before.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stones Live

Good morning to all my fellow cards chat members. I want to ask you a question today maybe some of you can give me an answer to. In The pub poker league that I belong to the person running the league wants to buy a $4,000 table that is a equipped to look at hole cards and to be able to stream live special events that we hold every so often. he's trying to do this by getting donations like selling T-shirts hoodies hats and even having a separate thing to just donate to the table. I would like to know have you ever heard of this for any other poker league before live streaming a final table of one of their specialty events if you have it would be very nice if you would drop by and leave a comment and tell me how did that go about and how successful was it thank you and have a nice and blessed day goodbye.

Stones gambling Hall in California streams live cash games and tournament final tables. You can watch on twitch.tv or on youtube. It is called Stones Live.

Hope this helps

:):)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch "Live at the Bike" also a Twitch stream,,, :D and there are a few more.It's fun to watch semi-pro's play,,,

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ambition is a great thing, and everyone wants to take the next step...
Your Club has decided to go the next step in the direction of pub poker... and it seems like a great idea, if the security and sanctity of the game were kept intact, regarding crowd interference, and not affecting game play...
Patrons could come to the pub, and be watching live poker from an onsite table... personally, i think the guy should get a loan and just buy it rather than be cheap...
the enrollment fee can go up with the infrastructure involved and a good business may be made.!
I would play, and would enjoy seeing my friends play...and be able to speak in depth with them after about specific hands...

T

thug223

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is a good idea to try .Maybe stream on twitch and the audience will follow

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds cool and maybe fun but always be cautious of what's going on. Speaking of Stones poker stream it's all over poker twitter about the Mike Postle scandal. Where many poker pro's believe he was receiving live feeds of the other players hole cards for quite some time now (allegedly) so it can be an avenue for cheating. Not saying it would happen but just be mindful of it.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not like the idea... If my opponents want to find out what cards I make certain plays with then I think they should be required to pay for a showdown and not just watch a stream replay afterwards where the info is given for free...

Especially for recreational players this is a bad idea, since they probably have a lot more leaks to be revealed than a seasoned pro has.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a little fat dude wearing a baseball cap sits down and starts looking at his nuts... run!

Sword

Sword

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interestingly, buy the table for 4,000? Is that possible?

Last edited: