Angle shoots should be allowed

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my opponent can talk to me in the middle of a hand and say almost anything he/she desires
Then I should be able to use my body language and anything I can get my fingers on as deception or for information.
For example pretending to not look at your cards

Super Awesome!!

Here is a simple one where he says raise and then says oh wait i meant call.
Rules state he must min raise.
So thats that

wierd spot because he coulda raised 4x that and got a call but eh its an angle shooot love it!!!

Lying about what you meant to throw in as Daniel Negreanu does right here in the EPT Barcelona

Then theres this guy! im not sure he actually did too much wrong here its 3 way ..i think the guy just made a mistake and AQ was probably calling anyways .
but ya know everybody wanna get butt hurt

wtf is wrong with this generation
We used to shoot each other at the table
now ya'll whine like girls
699cac64e087ca0df0d25e00ff5a257d.png

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If my opponent can talk to me in the middle of a hand and say almost anything he/she desires
Then I should be able to use my body language and anything I can get my fingers on as deception or for information.
For example pretending to not look at your cards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYm4vTT2ec

Super Awesome!!

So thats that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tI041TLI8

wierd spot because he coulda raised 4x that and got a call but eh its an angle shooot love it!!!

Lying about what you meant to throw in as Daniel Negreanu does right here in the EPT Barcelona https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNRwix1A_Ec

Then theres this guy! im not sure he actually did too much wrong here its 3 way ..i think the guy just made a mistake and AQ was probably calling anyways .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GyQalaqZx0

Three out of four videos unavailable in my country- sadfase.

Should we infer that you'd prefer people getting shot at the tables than hear someone whine? :icon_thum

Find myself wondering if you are intentionally posting in a way to try and get people's backs up, abrasively perhaps, or if that's just your way... :dontknow: :)

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're absolutely right mate I don't understand why most people hate angle shots like what? It's poker and everyone here is for the money, we're targeting your money and lie you in any possible way to extract more of it, isn't it?

I've also saw lot of those moves by players like Ivey back in the times, when he face big bets he always touches, count his chips and stare at his opps to see his reaction. Same goes for Dwan, Negreanu and many more other well respected players. Do you all remember when Negreanu had "mistakenly" opened10x raise with AK? Just because of his clown talkings, he made it looks like fun play and noone ever wrote anything negative about him. He fooled other guy into allin with KJ.

Now you guys see that guy Freitez did some tricks to get money, you all hate him because he's not famous etc. I definitely applause the guy, that's real shark. Deal with it.

For example pretending to not look at your cards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trYm4vTT2ec

Super Awesome!!

So thats that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tI041TLI8

Lying about what you meant to throw in as Daniel Negreanu does right here in the EPT Barcelona https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNRwix1A_Ec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GyQalaqZx0

If someone seeking for respect there's a lot other ways to gain that in life outside poker table. You can't just take everyone's money and gain respect by them anyway, that would happen if you lose. I see there's lot of fake moves out of box might inform you lot of sign about opp's hand. There's a lot to do to get your opp's reaction, so what's wrong with it. I've watched those videos you put before, I see nothing wrong about it. Those who've never really gamble in their life start cryings like kids. It's not sport, don't lie yourself like poker is far away from gamble. What we do next, maybe we bring poker into olympics as the new sport?

Last edited by a moderator:
AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're absolutely right mate I don't understand why most people hate angle shots like what? It's poker and everyone here is for the money, we're targeting your money and lie you in any possible way to extract more of it, isn't it?

I've also saw lot of those moves by players like Ivey back in the times, when he face big bets he always touches, count his chips and stare at his opps to see his reaction. Same goes for Dwan, Negreanu and many more other well respected players. Do you all remember when Negreanu had "mistakenly" opened10x raise with AK? Just because of his clown talkings, he made it looks like fun play and noone ever wrote anything negative about him. He fooled other guy into allin with KJ.

Now you guys see that guy Freitez did some tricks to get money, you all hate him because he's not famous etc. I definitely applause the guy, that's real shark. Deal with it.
The Dneg raising to 10x is a classic.
It is posted on the original post.
But check out when Tony G. says he didn't look at his cards!!!

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone wants to angleshoot, then the floor should address it and deal with it as they feel is best. Table table - within reason). seems fine, as does "pretending" that you didn't look at your cards(its up to the other players to pay attention to what others are doing).

Ops point that if the other guy is doing it, why can't I? is problematic because where does the line get drawn?

People try to push the envelope but when it goes too far, it needs to be addressed.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This simply comes down to personal attitude.

I do not personally admire any of the plays. In fact I watched Negreanu play that EPT hand in real time and all it did was serve to put me off him as a player and man.

Personal opinions aside, angle shooting is regarded as cheating and most rooms will rule against infractions so it does not really matter too much if someone is opining they like such behavior. With most serious incidents the maneuver won't stand.

It's like Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal in the World Cup of 1986. Argentinians were naturally fine with it but he was forever regarded as a cheat by most around the world. If that sits easy with you, then have at it and angle shoot.

Personally I'd prefer not to be known as a cheat.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
D neg admitting he likes angle shooting SO DEAL WITH IT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNRwix1A_Ec?t=1726
wanted to see daniel admit it but that's a 48 min vid so didn't bother :rolleyes:
I could deal with you guys angle shooting because I wouldn't fall for it.
you guys are the only kind of people that I would slow roll. ;)
if you or those that agree with you were at my home game we would go back to the old days and I would put a bullet in you.;)

in the old days, poker players were degenerates but I really like the fact that we are
becoming better people. good sports. I also like that at CardsChat they require it.;)

I guess if you have no skills what else can you do :p
see you on the tables guys with new notes and attitude ;)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
wanted to see daniel admit it but that's a 48 min vid so didn't bother :rolleyes:
I could deal with you guys angle shooting because I wouldn't fall for it.
you guys are the only kind of people that I would slow roll. ;)
if you or those that agree with you were at my home game we would go back to the old days and I would put a bullet in you.;)

in the old days, poker players were degenerates but I really like the fact that we are
becoming better people. good sports. I also like that at CardsChat they require it.;)

I guess if you have no skills what else can you do :p
see you on the tables guys with new notes and attitude ;)

As ever, Negreanu talks out of both sides of his mouth when questioned about the hand afterwards by pokerstars. He does the coy did I, didn't I? routine which leaves you in no doubt he planned it.

It followed a hand earlier where Negreanu made a stupid 3 bet play with J9 against Silverman who had AA who made Negreanu fold with a four bet.

Then Negreanu has AK and pretends he mis-clicked a big raise...he then says oops 29K...Kurganov points out no, $45K and the Negreanu says he meant to raise $9k.

Silverman falls for the Negreanu crap (you can see him double check himself at the supposed mis-click) and goes all in with KJs. Negreanu calls and decimates Silverman's stack to become chip leader. Everyone at the table looks peeved as Negreanu gurns away,

Credit to PokerStars, they mentioned that Negreanu had 'previous' and pulled the same stunt against Erik Seidel in Monaco a few seasons before. I was then very happy when it was Seidel himself who then busted Negreanu before the money.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As ever, Negreanu talks out of both sides of his mouth when questioned about the hand afterwards by PokerStars. He does the coy did I, didn't I? routine which leaves you in no doubt he planned it.

It followed a hand earlier where Negreanu made a stupid 3 bet play with J9 against Silverman who had AA who made Negreanu fold with a four bet.

Then Negreanu has AK and pretends he mis-clicked a big raise...he then says oops 29K...Kurganov points out no, $45K and the Negreanu says he meant to raise $9k.

Silverman falls for the Negreanu crap (you can see him double check himself at the supposed mis-click) and goes all in with KJs. Negreanu calls and decimates Silverman's stack to become chip leader. Everyone at the table looks peeved as Negreanu gurns away,

Credit to PokerStars, they mentioned that Negreanu had 'previous' and pulled the same stunt against Erik Seidel in Monaco a few seasons before. I was then very happy when it was Seidel himself who then busted Negreanu before the money.
thank you sir for your response:) it sure makes me look at daniel in a different light :eek:
as per your earlier post, thanks for being a good guy :D I will definitely look into it deeper now ;)

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Angle shooting is just part of the game in live poker. As long as people don’t take forever, I’m fine with it. When people just tank for 5-10+ minutes, its annoying and its the main thing I hate about live poker.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Angle shooting is just part of the game in live poker. As long as people don’t take forever, I’m fine with it. When people just tank for 5-10+ minutes, its annoying and its the main thing I hate about live poker.
tanking is a way to angle shoot me lol!!!

A

Alexandr_Gazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Real pro players don't talk a lot

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Angle shoots are meh and I think are more precedent with old school players who played in the 90s, early 00s or early poker boom. More of a scuzzy gambler move than a poker player move. Most of the scuzzy gamblers have been beaten out of the game by the modern pro so that makes me happy atleast.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play a game--any game--then you should play by the rules--if you aren't breaking the rules and the other player gets upset by your actions then that is to your advantage and is their problem. Poker is a game and when you play a game the objective should be to win without cheating. Slow roll or whatever sure just do it if it helps you win--eventually in poker as in baseball these so called unwritten rules/etiquette will go by the wayside unless rule changes are actually made to make things like slow rolling illegal.