Is this an angle?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New player joins the table. First orbit, single raise hand to him on the BB. He folds and muck his cards but “accidentally” flips them. AJo. Table looks at him weird for mucking that hand.

Then squeeze the crap out of the table next two orbits when there are single raise/flat callers.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, I'm leaning toward smallfrie's side of things. You really can't make that assumption off the one hand, and one orbit isn't enough either, imo. Now, maybe watch the guy to see what happens later on?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I'm leaning toward smallfrie's side of things. You really can't make that assumption off the one hand, and one orbit isn't enough either, imo. Now, maybe watch the guy to see what happens later on?
He played 3 orbits and left after 3 squeezes lol

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No its not an angle anymore than choosing to show you're cards is ever an angle.

I'm not showing my cards ever, without wanting to suggests something about my play. So its kind of always an angle, but one which is acceptable and therefore, not an angle in the poker sense of bad etiquette!

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is not an angle and the it's so obvious what he is trying to do that 4 betting becomes mandatory

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New player joins the table. First orbit, single raise hand to him on the BB. He folds and muck his cards but “accidentally” flips them. AJo. Table looks at him weird for mucking that hand.

Then squeeze the crap out of the table next two orbits when there are single raise/flat callers.
I don't think it was an angle.

I think he recognized a weak table and didn't want to play with 7 players limping or flatting.

I think he left because he realized he was eventually going to lose a big pot to all the callers/limpers.

Curious - did the whole table fold to his squeezes or was he able to isolate?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it was an angle.

I think he recognized a weak table and didn't want to play with 7 players limping or flatting.

I think he left because he realized he was eventually going to lose a big pot to all the callers/limpers.

Curious - did the whole table fold to his squeezes or was he able to isolate?
He was able to get the table to fold around. I was in one of the pots, preflop single raised 4 players in the SB raised to 3bb, he bump it up to 15bb. Felt I had to fold AQo in the SB to the raise when he folded AJo previously.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was able to get the table to fold around. I was in one of the pots, preflop single raised 4 players in the SB raised to 3bb, he bump it up to 15bb. Felt I had to fold AQo in the SB to the raise when he folded AJo previously.
And it did not dawn on you, that maybe this is exactly, what he wanted to achieve? As everyone have said, this is not an angle any more, than "reverse live tells" are an angle. Like acting weak, when you are strong etc. Thats all part of live poker. Its allowed to show your cards after the hand, and just like any other "tells", its up to the other players to process the information properly. If someone show you a bluff, this does also not mean, that now you are obliged to call them down with bottom pair in future hands ;)