aggressive player vs defensive player

G

gabrieliorda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
At the beginning i was bothered by the aggressiveness of some player who put pressure and most of the time i gave in until i realized that it is best to wait for the right moment to attack or if you dont let someone else do the job for you because he knows that to play and you cant win all the tables.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Congratulations for realizing this strategy, sometimes it ends up bothering and irritating, patience is the key, so he ends up losing and accommodating

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think being more aggressive is also more profitable, if you are recreational or regular if you are more aggressive you will be more profitable in my opinion

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Matt Damon teaches us that "fortune favors the brave".

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometime we need to play aggressively and sometime no.......but we need to choose the good way to play at each hand

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Absolutely correct. In such a situation, the best thing you can do is to be patient, wait for strong cards and take your opponent's chips :)

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little bit of everything. But I would say the best is keep experimenting and learning till you not feel yourself comfortable in this game, or results not going in as they should. :)

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
I prefer an aggressive style of play, but it all depends on the situation

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
In most Poker Formats you can NOT sit and just wait for a nut hand if a player is extremely aggressive. Maybe if a very tight player is aggressive it is best to fold most of your range. But against loose aggressive players you must either trap them, call them down light, or play back at them. Remember that they often have a weak range if they overplay too many hands. That means they often bluff too much or overvalue their holding. If they take a check for weakness but have the ability to get away then raised just call A LOT. Sometimes with Ace high on the river. If the fold when you fight back semi-bluff a lot.

You can always exploit a player that is not balanced. Don't just sit back and wait!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you always need to play aggressively and passively depending on which opponent is against you if you are passive you are playing as an aggressor to take free chips and if your opponent is aggressive you just wait for a good card and hand to play and beat him because aggressive players can give away a lot of chips in one hand

M

muleyy999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most Poker Formats you can NOT sit and just wait for a nut hand if a player is extremely aggressive. Maybe if a very tight player is aggressive it is best to fold most of your range. But against loose aggressive players you must either trap them, call them down light, or play back at them. Remember that they often have a weak range if they overplay too many hands. That means they often bluff too much or overvalue their holding. If they take a check for weakness but have the ability to get away then raised just call A LOT. Sometimes with Ace high on the river. If the fold when you fight back semi-bluff a lot.

You can always exploit a player that is not balanced. Don't just sit back and wait!
You must be talking about cash games right? In a sit and go it's what cards you get more than anything

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
seems that you already learn to not to be intimidated by an over aggressive player, just wait for the nuts, and kill!
I agree with every word you said in your review!(y)🤝👏

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Counter aggression with aggression. If a guy is raising all the time pre-flop, and you get a big pocket pair or big ace, shove on top of him.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
3-betting or even 5 betting can really be key to taking down a pot from an aggressive player. These players, the ones who play 80-90% of their hands, just want to see a flop so they can try and out play the opposition. If you rep a nice pkt pr pre-flop by 3-betting out of position, it will certainly get their attention.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the beginning i was bothered by the aggressiveness of some player who put pressure and most of the time i gave in until i realized that it is best to wait for the right moment to attack or if you dont let someone else do the job for you because he knows that to play and you cant win all the tables.
You are right. Our patience works well against aggression. If we are patient, at some point we can always deliver a powerful blow to our opponent.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One can exploit aggressiveness by checking nuts more often and bluffcatching more often

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my humble opinion, there is nothing wrong with losing small pots to aggressive players. It is important to focus on large pots. After all, one well-played hand can exceed all the others that we refused to defend.

Tanamita

Tanamita

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't like the aggressive game

billzaao

billzaao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Aggressive players always tend to be better. But it's not just about being aggressive, you need to know when and how to do it.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The issue is knowing how to understand "what an aggressive player is"???
Because if you call a whale an aggressive player, who opens and squeezes all his hands, etc., that is not being aggressive, that is being the closest thing to a fish.
An aggressive player is a player who attacks when he has to. He opens when he should, he 3 bets or 4 bets when he should, he goes allin when he should and he also folds when he should. Because in the humility of folding is the recognition that another opponent has a superior hand over you and knowing how to recognize it in time, especially when you are playing tournaments.
Greetings:):):)

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
aggressive player are more profit

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Many times you will expect to have the best hand and yet you will lose because that is poker! Because we actually play against people and not against cards, so we just have to wait for the right moment to play against the aggressive ones...