Your opinion on LAG-strategy-players such as Tom Dwan and Viktor Blom?

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I think I don't need to introduce neither Tom 'durrrr' Dwan nor Viktor 'isildur1' Blom to any of you.

What do you think of their approach of playing poker? Playing overly aggressive, especially with marginally unconnected weak hands?

See below a link for the game of durrrr vs isildur1 as an example. ;)

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw their heads online. I think they do not look at their cards. This is unbelievable. They are both so aggressive that they look like bots.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They give each other a lot of action and most likely they both enjoy the thrill. Other than that, I am light years away from the level where I could dare having a personal opinion about how good or efficient Durr's or Isildur's playing styles are :)

Interestingly, they probably pay little % rake for the astronomical amounts of money they go through, because they go way over the rake cap for each pot.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it is incredible, isn't it? How they each time re-raise each single hand until all-in.. I wonder if they at a certain point think.. "Man, actually I don't want to go all-in with this hand, but if I don't, this guy will steamroll me every time - so, well, let's go all-in then.. " I really would love to understand the rationale behind their style of play..

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember watching these hi stakes matches like it was television - bc it was just that entertaining. "click a mouse, lose your house" never was a truer statement than at these stakes. Players literally sitting down with houses...
Now - combine 2 of (arguably) the most aggro players on the net, let alone in HU.
Two players that can have any 2 cards- and moreover- do anything with those two cards. i wish i could say i had the stomach or bankroll to play it ha :D but def a great watch. brought me back :)

- tweezer

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
advantages of their style no matter how well you play, you will never confidently read their hands

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't watch poker anymore but a long time ago when I used to, I found that LAG players were usually more entertaining to watch.