You have the nuts. How to extract value from the opponent without fold?

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do to keep him paying until the river?
Let me know about your strategy.

In general, I let him think he has the best hand and let the pot grow to the river. Maybe his hand will improve to the point of going all-in.:cool::cool:

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bottom line is if villain has nothing to continue with then most likely they will put no more money in the pot. They need to connect to the board and what they did preflop could determine their range to the board. If you could place them on a draw of some sort, make sure you are giving them the correct odds to keep calling.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though It had nuts, it's the another question whether a chip can be taken big.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keeping it straightforward and bet around 1/3 to 1/2 of the pot every street.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to put your opponent on a hand. The best players know when to let an opponent catch up versus when they can go for maximum value.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise 2.5-3 BB, no more than that. My intention is to keep as many players in the hand as possible. After the river I usually raise more. If I have a maniac at the table, I check and call on his raises all the way to the river, and after the river I raise. An earlier raise usually "drives" him out of the hand.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you will only get a lot of chips if his hand also has flush vs full value, there are many players with good reading, so you have to catch a beautiful fish !!!!

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your opponent's style and what kind of card comes to the turn and river and that's how you decide whether to play your nuts tightly or aggressively.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The goal in poker is not to get to showdown and be able to show other players, that you have the nuts. Or at least had the nuts on an earlier street. The goal is to extract maximum value and sometimes also deny equity. So in general slowplay is bad, and especially if the board is very dynamic, like if you have KcQs on JhTh9d. In that situation any card from 7 to K or any heart can either give your opponent a better hand or kill action, so you want as much money to go in on the flop as possible.

The few times, where slowplay can be ok, is if the board is static, and you also block most of the good hands. Like if you have AdAh on AcAs7h. In that situation its unlikely, your opponent will want to play a big pot, unless he have exactly 77. So you might as well fake weakness and allow him to either bluff or catch up the idea being, that you are rarely going to win more than two bets anyway.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Every hand is different , if on the board thereare potentianls for others hands , either A high or K high or other draws , then I could continue betting or check raising , smaller or bigger depending on the board and the opponent .

If there are many opponents and one in the middle bets and we have more callers (rather than me ) I will just call . If it;s the last one ip , I might donk bet on the turn or raise a little more tha bet on the flop , if he had bet very small . If it's HU , I will try to trap him , bet when I do not have it 100% , not betting when I have it , value betting on the river , hoping he also caught sth to call with .

Folding in Poker