Are you going all in waiting for a draw on the river?

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is a bit vague! Like if the river falls and no draws hit and then you go all in it seems a bit questionable, if you hold draw 'A' but draw 'B' lands then you could be going all in trying to tell your opponent you had draw'B' all along, even though you have 'A'... If you're talking about going all in on the turn with one card left because you hold a draw then that really depends on situation, opponent and stack sizes/odds of hitting!
My general rule of thumb would be, "how comfortable would I be (regarding stack size) if I just gave up" vs "how screwed would I be if I shove and lose" the answer is somewhere in the middle!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No. I usually wait for the river to make my decision before shoving my stack on a draw.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the pot relative to my remaining stack (SPR), the strength of my draw, and my perceived equity. In general, I'm not folding strong combo draws (open ended flush draws + maybe even a pair) on most flops, but turns are where I reconsider if I miss depending on how deep I am

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just did this but board wise was a gamble to get player x villian to lay down hand

unfortunaely he had a set of fours and i missed my flush:) so for me it usually has to be more then just a simple draw even with major outs.... this was simply a raise shove to make player x fold if doesnt have top pair they probably do fold here unforutnately they had set so i lost..... but i like my play p.s. was on turn and had ace 3 clubs with 2 more on board

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The river is a ruthless beast. I never like going all-in waiting for my river card. I much rather go all-in after the flop or turn when I know I got the nuts....right?...lol.

JaNered

JaNered

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All in AA

Only AA all in, for all other cards is better wait for flop..