Can you fold AK in SpinG's first hand?

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I sit" on the table I'm coming to AKo, the villain opens tribeto with the intention of going to the ground, but after the action of BB I was in doubt whether to go to the ground with 2 players.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I sit" on the table I'm coming to AKo, the villain opens tribeto with the intention of going to the ground, but after the action of BB I was in doubt whether to go to the ground with 2 players.

I’m willing to get it all in with AK in this situation!

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it is not only possible, but necessary. There are a lot of very weak players on microlimits and it is much more profitable to play with them postflop.;)

M

mikeyg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with spins being short stacks I get it all in with A-K,a few hands down the line it would be the same,they always seem to end with any 2 hitting no matter what you have,mtt,s are a different story even sometimes in a freeroll.

D

dreamwalker3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK if it is 1000x multiplier and two guys are all inn i might fold?! if it is other i am calling unless i have info my opponents are super nit players

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it was a fold for me.. too chicken for my game at this point.. the possibility that one of the both had one of my outs each was high Ax, Kx, K's... the possibility of a tie was also practically null.. Have fun guys and see one of you later in the tournament!

I consider AK suited or not, more a hand to shove with instead of calling with it.. it's sure in a HU situation, it's a snap call... but if I have to choice and there're already 2 players in the hand ready to go, depending on the reading I have, I' would think twice about it and take my chance later. But that's my chicken game!

-TRP-

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really like the AK. plays better than couple.How many times have seen the loss of AA and KK .

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like the idea of a shove with the AK. It's a premium hand!!!! I mean, what are you waiting for?? by the time you get your pocket aces the show will be over...

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in spin never fold AK....:nurse:

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on position for me if i'm last to act and it's just me and the shover, i'll call

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand after i sit down, i get AKo, I am not going anywhere

Commit!!

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have to go in. Or do I prefer bubbling as an outcome?

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer not to play Spin&Go at all...

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the way without thinking, all in. Especially on the lower buyins.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would try to take a risk with big slick on the first hand. It just might the best hand you will see all game.

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I honestly don't think there is a wrong decision there.

See if you fold, and especially fold than end up losing, that hand will keep haunting you.

AK is very strong in that situation and worth stacking up and taken the chance. Sometimes you need to go for it and say F it.

I lean more towards calling!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker