XC XC XR line

C

CerealKiller78

Enthusiast
Total posts
Hi
I need some help with this line.

When I play OOP against an very aggresive villain and I flop a strong hand I play like XC XC XR line.
Unfortunatelly the villain never bet on river and I lose a lot of value.
I tried to go allin on R , they never call, I tried a blocking bet, they never raise.... I cannot find the optimal solution on R. Any suggestions?

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Obviously, there's not a line that maximises value in every situation. Playing OOP you'll just have to accept that getting the money in is harder than IP. If you know villain is blasting every street without fail check-calling every street and check-raising the river is obviously the best line. If they don't or you've got less confidence in the accuracy of your read, a very straightforward solution is to check-raise the flop and turn more. Also avoids the problem of having to donk the river with the nuts which just turns your hand face up.

Always ask yourself "If I raise can villain call with worse?". If the answer is yes, probably check raise earlier. If the answer is no, best to keep their bluffs in and re-evaluate on the next street.

C

CerealKiller78

Enthusiast
Total posts
They always bet on flop and turn, but never on river. So probably I should try a check raise on turn?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
They always bet on flop and turn, but never on river. So probably I should try a check raise on turn?

Either that or lead the river. That can look bluffy, especially if all the draws missed. Its also easier for them to call a river lead than a turn check-raise, because they get to showdown right away without having to potentially face another large bet on the river. Of course it also depends on, what you have seen them show down after going bet, bet, check. If its a lot of medium strong made hands, then consider leading the river next time. But if its mostly busted draws, then checking gives you the best chance to get paid.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
If they will call with worse, lead the river. If they won't call with worse, float the turn more and lead the river with bluffs.

C

CerealKiller78

Enthusiast
Total posts
I guess check-raising the turn would scare them off.

Tracid

Tracid

Squirrel Tiger
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
If you're talking about all opponents generally- there's no one-size-fits-all approach.

If you're talking about a specific LAGGY villain who checks behind on the river, I'd lead out on fifth street for value.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
I get it but there is never and easy answer for this one.One problem maybe the fact they are very aggressive players. You check called twice and if the have nothing why bet into you again on a free river or call when you bet. If there sure you will call again they just may not bet again.

C

CerealKiller78

Enthusiast
Total posts
These days I tried some 1/3 bet on river, with no succes. They folded.

Tracid

Tracid

Squirrel Tiger
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
These days I tried some 1/3 bet on river, with no succes. They folded.
I would consider a XC XC BF hand a relative success! :laugh:

You could try open jamming river to make it look bluffy? :)

It might not work often, but on the plus side, when it does work you're getting the max value you so clearly yearn for? :biggrin:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
If the opponent arrives to the river with a lot of weak hands but dont attempt a tripple barrel bluff, its very difficult to get paid. One creative line, we could consider, is to lead for a small sizing, a so called blocker bet. This MIGHT induce a loose aggressive opponent to spazz out and bluffraise us now and then.

C

CerealKiller78

Enthusiast
Total posts
Nobody 3 barrels as a bluff these days

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Total posts
Awards
You sort of answered it yourself, TURN is $ Street!
I'd just bet more pre & lead all the way or go HAM on turn no matter what opp does, I also struggle with this, appreciated your question!