WOW! I don't know much about Poker!

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have started watching videos on YouTube about poker to learn more about it. What I have learned so far is that I know very little about the game and got a lot of work to do to get better. I can play just the basic and win a few hands here and there I have even won some small stakes poker but I now know I just play good and got lucky some and just played better than other players. I am not bad player but i'm not good either. I am just starting to learn more about the game as I am now putting in the effort to learn. I learn best by watching others. poker stars comes to pa in july and I hope to be good enough by than to win some money and get to the final tables in small stakes poker games. I love the game but get discouraged when i loose my money. I am hoping to soon play on ACR whenever they get back up and running and play the cardschat games which will be an important part of my game play and learning. Poker is so much more that just a game, it is learning about people too and how they react to certain things and just all the things that make up poker make it fun and to out think your opponent can be fun. thanks for reading

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is take time to learn in steps. Start out with basic concepts then try and apply them to your game. Then once you have mastered one move on to the next. Example you maybe working on hand selection. Then maybe move onto position play. Learn how and why you do things in each position and combine your knowledge of hand selection. Then maybe move on to button play, If you work on individual pieces I believe it helps your overall game and knowledge of the game.