Would it be unlucky ?

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I with AA, I paid the 250 chip pot to see the opponent's behavior, the villain of 800 raises, I went all-in, the villain called JJ, on the tour he jacks, my chips bust.

how would you play that hand...

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of situation it is, it's responsible to you who didn't consider any factors, too.

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you had the best hand preflop so depending on your stack size going all in was a good move. Pocket aces are about 80% favourite preflop so you'll still lose 20% of the time.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, you are hitting a losing percentage with AA. Not always lucky and the move was correct.

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've raised instead of just a call, but the all-in was a correct move.
You were indeed the big favourite with over 80% chances of winning, but the poker gods were not generous this time.
Pocket aces are the best starting hand, but it doesn't mean you automatically win everytime.

C

CaPnKrUnCh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its unlucky but that's poker.. i just cracked aces going all in with 66 and hit quads, than the next day i had QQ vs 1010 and they rivered a 10...

If you play enough hands everything at the end of the day balances out.

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you had the best hand preflop so depending on your stack size going all in was a good move. Pocket aces are about 80% favourite preflop so you'll still lose 20% of the time.

I didn't think it was a bad move, but I'm trying to improve it to get a better move with this type of card

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've raised instead of just a call, but the all-in was a correct move.
You were indeed the big favourite with over 80% chances of winning, but the poker gods were not generous this time.
Pocket aces are the best starting hand, but it doesn't mean you automatically win everytime.

it's complicated I always pay the pot or raise low to see the villain's hand and they come with a bigger raise you with AA Push all in and don't hit the cards

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It's not a bad move, with the best hand that's the best possible play.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I with AA, I paid the 250 chip pot to see the opponent's behavior, the villain of 800 raises, I went all-in, the villain called JJ, on the tour he jacks, my chips bust.

how would you play that hand...

Sounds like you played it AWESOME my man!

Anytime you can get ALL IN preflop with Pocket Aces, you have played the hand correctly!

Unlucky to lose to a 2 outter, but sometimes (about 20% of the time) that will happen, the rest of the time (80% of the time) you'll be doubling up and feeling great about yourself.

Those are great odds, way to get the odds in your favor!