Winning with KK in position

G

gmnowels

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does this make sense.

I was in tournament and MAY have learned something for myself.

Setting - Mid Tournament - Online, 10 min blinds, Blinds - about 200/400, My Hand KK, Stacks about same around 6K, I have position, Villain bets 1.5K, I bet all in, River falls Axxx/10, Villain had a 10

If I would have called with position?

Think about villains possible holdings, If A comes and I check, then villain SHOULD check. Unless slow playing at this time; which villain did not start out with. The check means villain less than A and I have hand now, now I can bet all in. Villain SHOULD fold now, before I am blinded out

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain had a 10 like the paired their 10 on the river so it was KK > 1010?

Or villain had A10 and it was AA1010 > KK?

Either way, regardless of results, your shove with KK was fine.

G

gmnowels

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thxs

Appreciate your opinion.

Thanks for taking the time.:cool:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry, I am a little unclear with the play. Did you shove pre-flop with KK? Or did you call 1.5k to see a flop? If you shoved, then the play was fine (and standard too).

I think given that you have 15 bb's, even in a slower blind structure like that, I'm shoving KK every time pre and expecting a call from most pocket pairs, AK, maybe AQ, or if it's a HUGE stack, hoping for a looser call.

G

gmnowels

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thxs

Appreciate your help.:)

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certain limits low! The best game, even from early position))) and on the board with A))) I'm glad so players at my table))

G

GotNoMercy4u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With 15 blinds you have no other option. You are in push or fold situation and in this case it is dificult to get a much better hand so you did good....