Winning a freeroll

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the best way to build your bankroll after cashing in a freeroll?

P

peruangonz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I think play cash games to increase your bankroll or playing slow cost tournaments

szabbancsbet

szabbancsbet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
double it on sports betting. just kidding, I think you should collect more on cc freerolls, and when you collect 20-30 dollars, then start playing max 1 dollar tournaments.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best way that works 100% is just keep playing freerolls :)
Do not spend money, accumulate a bankroll and when you accumulate, for example, 500 dollars, then you can gradually move to the next stage.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The ideal would be to play inside your bank so you can keep it you could play low-cost tournaments

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
bet today on the victory of EDMONTON in hockey, NHL

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think you should play mtt with less starters to reduce the variance to a minimum. It should be not a big difference to play micro stake tourneys. But it is a psycholigical thing to invest your own money to push the prizepool and not only playing with no pressure and playing freerolls.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way that works 100% is just keep playing freerolls :)
Do not spend money, accumulate a bankroll and when you accumulate, for example, 500 dollars, then you can gradually move to the next stage.
theoretically it's a very good idea but it requires a lot of patience and self control to keep playing freerolls only

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how much you did win.

If you are in the range of about $50 you can try to work in NL2 cash games with something that is called MSS (Mid Stack Strategy) it is a bit swingy but a way to build a roll. Perhaps google will help to find infos on that strategy. And play always freerolls to fill up your BR further. It's a bit high risky to lose your BR better is to begin with about 50 to 100 buy ins for playing full ring big stack strategy. Here also if you start NL2 with 100 buy ins go up if you have 150 buy ins for NL5 and then go up with 200 buy ins for NL10 and so on, the higher the stake the higher the safety zone. Go down the stake early enough to have no pressure on you and your bankroll. So for NL2 go back to play freerolls only if you are at 75 buy ins.
For tournaments I would recommend at least 300 buy ins for your stake level because tournament tend to have long phases/series without being in the money. If you climb up the stakes make the rules harder so next stake 350 buy ins and so on. For going down those stakes go back to the next lower stake with 250 buy ins.
It's a long and hard grind. Be prepared.

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
That is a hard question, because we are not you. Where are you good? If you have done the 30 Day CC course you have read about game selection. That is not only looking for bad players also play the games you are good at. I make ( a very small) win with tournaments from one table to big MTTs, but loose in NL Holdem. Because of that I almost nothing play NL cash games. And since a few weeks I play a lot of Stud8 or some 8Game tournaments. Not that I am great at that, but a lot of others play it worse.
But perhaps you are a great NL cash game player.
Find it out. Only you can answer that...

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To maintain your bankroll, you have to play low tournaments. I sometimes risk high tournaments, depending on my results. I continue to bet high if my performance is not satisfactory I return to low tournaments until I feel more prepared

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends . For sure it's not the tournaments :) . I like sngs

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like you already found a way to increase your bankroll, by continuing to play freerolls.

If my bankroll on a poker site is zero, i cannot turn it into hundreds. If I have some coin on a poker site, I stand a better chance of increasing my bankroll.

I win money on freerolls and lose some of my winnings on Omaha hi/lo

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is always to keep playing freerolls until you build decent size bankroll. It can take a while, but at least you can play more comfortable.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
after winning a free tournament, play on your bankroll or continue playing free tournaments because you can't lose only win them, so I think this is the best thing you can advise you to make enough money to play them later in tournaments again on bankroll

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Dependant of the money you won of course. But if you would like buy-in into tournaments i would suggest you to pick the ones with the smallest fields and avoid the big ones. It will reduce the variance and you got higher chances to hit a final table.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
double it on sports betting. just kidding, I think you should collect more on cc freerolls, and when you collect 20-30 dollars, then start playing max 1 dollar tournaments.
Yep, I agree with this opinion, keep playing freerolls, and then try sit & go games $1 buy in, or try different tables to se which is better for you

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys!

Once you've won a freeroll and managed to boost your bankroll, it's important to take a careful and strategic approach to further building your poker bankroll. Here are some strategies I would use to help you through this process:

Manage your chips wisely: With a newly built bankroll, it's crucial to manage your chips wisely. Avoid betting large amounts on marginal hands or in high risk situations. Instead, be cautious and play more conservatively. That way, you protect your bankroll and avoid unnecessary losses.

Choose the right games: When building your bankroll, it's important to choose the right games that suit your skill level and bankroll size. Avoid playing at tables with very high limits, where the risk of losing a large part of your bankroll is higher. Start out in lower stakes games, and as your bankroll grows, you can gradually level up.

Play in a disciplined manner: Discipline is key to building your bankroll. Stay true to your game strategy, avoiding impulsive decisions or risky moves. The goal is to consistently build your bankroll, not risk it all on a single hand. Remember that poker is a long-term game, and discipline is essential to long-term success.

Invest in your learning: Use part of your bankroll to invest in your continued poker learning. This can include purchasing books, online courses, training with more experienced players, or even participating in low-cost paid tournaments. By honing your skills, you increase your chances of getting consistent results and building an even bigger bankroll.

Be prepared for swings: Poker involves natural variance, which means you can have periods of consistent gains, but also periods of losses. Be prepared for swings and don't get discouraged when you face a bad streak. Keep playing in a disciplined manner, keeping your focus on the long term, and your bankroll will tend to grow.

Set realistic goals: Set realistic goals for your bankroll growth. Avoid unrealistic expectations of quick, exponential gains. Instead, focus on achievable goals in the short to medium term, such as doubling or tripling your bankroll within a certain period. This will help keep you motivated and set you on a sustainable path to bankroll growth.

GL