will you play or ask

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you feel about that in a serious game you came a couple of twos or threes.Will you play or ask.Personally, I only play them when I'm in the lead.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baby Pairs in a "Serious" Game

When I'm in a "serious game" and get a low pocket pair I'll open for 2BBs or call up to 3BBs. Yeah you're not going to beat anyone who pairs the board, but there's about a 10% chance of hitting trips. This means there's about a 12% which outplays almost all odds of hitting "greater hands" on the flop (i.e. the odds of flopping a flush is about 6%). Plus, when you do hit a low set there is a great chance that no one will see you coming, meaning you can usually scoop a huge pot. So, yeah, I play/open small pairs in serious games.
In "non-serious" games I'll open up and call up to 5Bs for isolation purposes.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you got over 30bb effective stacks great to set mine or if you are in position and think you can get away with a steal.

P

petalms2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the small pairs as well nothing like a set of ducks with an action card on the flop. However they have failed me a few time to a larger set arrgg.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play these pairs very rarely, if the position allows, if there is no set or straight draw on the flop,then I think I need to fold these hands!

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends of the situation, if it s tournament or cash games , usually I ll call see what the flop will bring , maybe see the turn, also , it will be better to play those hands only against 1/2 players. SO that the chances of winning the hand don t get lower.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you feel about that in a serious game you came a couple of twos or threes.Will you play or ask.Personally, I only play them when I'm in the lead.

I would play them if I had a big chip stack as well being in the lead.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not a fan of small pairs, like 2's or 3's Too many times my wonderful 3 of a kind loses to another 3 of a kind.

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot, what position? What level of blind? Which stack? How many players at the table?

But overall, pair 2 has to be played only to hit a set on the flop but is easy fold.