Why you might be losing during the WSOP

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So, you have a lot of confidence in your skill and ability when it comes to playing poker. You have planned for what is generally overall the biggest poker event of the year and yet all you seem to do is loose! How can that be?!

Ashley Adams offers some very reasonable explanations to help anyone who ever feels like the significant poker events, such as the wsop, might be a losing effort for us.

Some very gentle reminders indeed!

Winning Poker: Why You’re Losing at the WSOP

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hmmmmm... I don't know if it is the way I view American upbringing or simply the screenwriting on popular tv-shows but this text brought me back to some old episodes of Fear Factor where every competitor feels that they are better than others and therefore they deserve the prize. Reality check is a good thing to do from time to time.

Grand delusions might not be the biggest obstacle in taking a win in WSOP but pressure can be a real thing. Or at least I would feel that way if I was put on the spot. I remember a situation from school many years back when we had to do a test. I was prepared with all the answers. But when push came to shove I made the stupidest mistake even when I knew the real answers. At same time another student who was always winging it past the test with flying colors. I wasn't happy but I still passed the test.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good common sense observations, people who plan for an event like this & maybe can only make it there every few years or even once a decade or lifetime are almost guaranteed to have unrealistic expectations, just human nature.
A larger question, did you really spell lose with 2 o's? :oops: I can feel the earth shifting beneath my feet. :sneaky:

WSOP