Why most of the time KQ looses...

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are right.Each time with this cards i fail or i must fold.
I don't know why but this cards is not good.
I think there is big different on live table,but on online tables this cards is not good.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on position. I like it myself

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i win with kq a ton so play it aggressive often

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here I just got out on K Q. LOL . Already got into money. I was playing very tight so went allins to see the drama. LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-18-16-06-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-18-16-06-11.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 33
R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like everything else in poker they can be good or bad, depending on the flop, etc. They are cards I usually play cautiously, more so in early positions.

shamel17

shamel17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got me in trouble a bunch of times in early position.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, see here, how I crushed a KQ hand. Lol..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-19-16-09-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-19-16-09-26.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 20
B

boxcarjoe1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been losing chips with AA and KK a lot recently. I'd say these two get players into trouble more than KQ, because after all, they're only just a pair. Like KQ, it just depends entirely on the flop. Nevertheless, KQ in early position is a completely different situation to KQ in late position

Yeah this also extremely depends on if there suited, because even KQ suited should actually have more outs than AK off suit. or a pair etc, despite them being the the actual stronger hand pre flop. There's never one way to play a hand in my opinion. but there's lots of things to consider when making the decision on how to play a hand.

A

Acewild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that you want to play small pots pre-flop with KQ suited. With KQ you are hoping for a broadway draw because if you raise pre flop and then someone 3 bets you, how confident will you feel if a King or Queen flops? In this situation you could easily be against someone with KK, Ak, AQ (If only the Queen hits you will be dominated) QQ or even AA. If you miss the flop completely which will happen 2/3rds of the time, I would tend to just fold if the action gets heavy. You really don't want to be chasing a King or a Queen on the turn or river in a big pot because you might already be drawing dead against someone with one of the hands I have mentioned.

I wouldn't suggest getting into large battles with just top pair with KQ. Even suited you could be put under serious pressure if a flush draw comes and your opponent has the Ace for that flush draw, those are situations where you could easily go broke. I would suggest therefore to play KQ very cautiously pre flop and to play small pots post flop if we are talking about top pair. If you hit two pair even then you should be highly cautious because again you could be going against QQ/KK. For me KQ should be played with extreme caution and don't get all your chips in with it (Unless you get broadway). Not a fan of KQ to be honest as it can put you in some very difficult spots if the pot gets big.

Last edited:
Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah after examin KQ carefully in live games I have concluded to just fold it without doing any math.

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm always very cautious with KQ from previous experiences... especially in early positions. I'll rarely call a 3-bet pre flop.