Why flush occurs in practice more than full house?

N

nurlan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the probability of a flush 3%, the probability of a full house is 2.9: question: why flush into practice more often????

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simple. because the flush have more outs than a full house

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are still a lot more combinations that can occur
The fact that drawing to one after you have 2,3, or 4 parts of it has a WAY higher success rate is why you see it more, flush draws are very popular.. In fact, after you hit 4 to a flush it will hit more often than if you had 4 to a straight. Funny thing that math.

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is simple math:
The flush has 0,2% chance while the full has only 0,14%.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 2,598,960 Ways to make a 5 card poker hand.

3,744 ways to make full house (3,744/2,598,960=0.00144 or 0.144%)
5,108 ways to make a flush (5,198/2,598,960=0.00197 or 0.197%)
{not counting the 40 straight flushes which have a different ranking}

In practice there are more ways to make a flush than a full house which is why it occurs more often,
and that is why the hands are ranked as they are,
so that the less likely full house will win against the more common flush.

T

Tariq2230

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think also this helps to show what an edge 1% can actually be over time, math is humbling and amazing!

L

LEFTY010612

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flush chaser!!!

I'm 100 times more likely to draw for a flush then a boat....think about how many boats you actually hit in a night playing poker....then compare it to how many flushes you hit or have 4 flushes to draw to...but everyone is right...its just simple math...the flush is more common :)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's kind of an academic question. What you really want to know are the odds of hitting something in relation to your specific starting hand. I find the following table (from http://gaminghill.com/img/custom//pokerschool_general_odds_1.png) to be quite useful:

pokerschool_general_odds_1.png

S

Skillet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A flush is easier to get than a full house. most often it will beat out a flush, unless the flush straightens out. Flushes are very easy to catch.

J

J777777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coz the probability of hitting a card of a particular color (1 out of any of the four suites) is higher than hitting a card of a particular number.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simply, higher chance. Mathematics is amazing in poker, there is a higher probability of making flush because there are more outs, as someone above me already mentioned :)

PS: I love flushes :p Actually flush is my favorite way to win a hand or to fold, beacuse its so easily predictable, yet so many people chase the luck and think that I dont have that flush while i raise :p

J

J777777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply, higher chance. Mathematics is amazing in poker, there is a higher probability of making flush because there are more outs, as someone above me already mentioned :)

PS: I love flushes :p Actually flush is my favorite way to win a hand or to fold, beacuse its so easily predictable, yet so many people chase the luck and think that I dont have that flush while i raise :p

Yup flushes are easy to predict, its my favorite hand for winning too, but for some weird reason I cannot seem to make that many flushes on PS compared to an earlier site I used to play when I was in college (it was a play money site only, no real money available)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We got a lot of smart people here.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

thats the right answer my friend :)

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who says that. I got full house more often than flush. That is in my case. When I get A2 heart and there are two cards - heart in flop, I almost never get the third that is missing for flush. Bad luck :(

Full Flush Poker