Why is Button Considered Dominant position?

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you want to play from utg you need to know that next player has 0,45 of chance to have AA and they play it agressively making you take wrong decicions. But they play KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK so sum the chances that all players has to got that cards against you. more cards agressively too in position, and as more players have to act after you more you have to consider one player has got a good hand better than yours
Hi everyone im new to poker and learning the fundementals. Currently learning about position. I am a little confused as to why on the button is the dominant position. i understand they are last to voluntarily wager a bet; but although the big blind is forced to post the blind. wouldnt that be dominant position cause they trully are last to act? just wondering cause everything says the button is dominant and thats where most of a players money will be made.obviously im missing something so any input would be appreciated thanks.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of incomplete information.
Having the button means that a player has an information advantage that others don't.
That's why it is the most dominate. you have information the other didn't/don't.
With great position comes great power and responsibility.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read a lot about the button is the best position since you see how all the villains act, in my particular I like to be after and before the button I think you can also fish well if you have good cards

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the button position allows you to make decisions for last ie making a metaphor of a company the last to take the final decision is the president, if we think of Poker the Button position is that it takes the final decision and this will take place over a rush of flop Turn River and then you have option always to control the pot in that position

:jd4:mateuspoker

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will make more money on the button than any any other position.

Hi everyone im new to poker and learning the fundementals. Currently learning about position. I am a little confused as to why on the button is the dominant position. i understand they are last to voluntarily wager a bet; but although the big blind is forced to post the blind. wouldnt that be dominant position cause they trully are last to act? just wondering cause everything says the button is dominant and thats where most of a players money will be made.obviously im missing something so any input would be appreciated thanks.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Button acts last on all of the betting rounds EXCEPT pre-flop. In acting last the button player has more information when making decisions than the players who are not on the button.

Poker is a game of incomplete information. At the time in which a player makes decisions of how to proceed in the hand ANY information is helpful. For example, on the button if Hero's opponent makes a bet that is great enough to put Hero all-in... then Hero might make a different decision than if checking were possible (when checking is possible Hero will never fold, but with all the chips at risk, Hero might fold). This is a scenario where it is great to be on the button.

I strongly recommend reading the articles in CardsChat's strategy section: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php