Where is the best place to start?

sheshire

sheshire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so i decided to put alot of effort into turning poker into a lucrative way to spend my time. I already love the game (how not to?), hell i even took some money in presential friendly cash games, but i know the real place that i find myself at the moment is extremly newbe to the matter.

Since i know which is my situation, i will put some Lounge Jazz to play, take a deep breath and starting working at my gameplay and mindset.

So i decided to come to you guys to know which (and where) is the best way of a totaly newbe player to start her studies to achieve this goal above?

(english is not my mother tongue so please, be gentle people..)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to Cardchat,sheshire:) Joining this website was a great move,we love poker too! we have lots of poker info,video and written form,and the people here are very helpful.I joined just under a year ago and have made alot of $ with the help of the good people here,hope i see ya around :dancing2:

ankitantil

ankitantil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think best place to start poker journey is 888poker.
There is lot of freerolls for everyone after first deposit you can win easily hundreds of dollars monthly.
I strongly recommend you 888poker.

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to play without depositing the best is the Americas cardroom
have freerolls all the time!
But the best of all to play is the poker stars
More technical games

sheshire

sheshire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Thanks for replying! :)

I started last year with a PS account, made a small deposit which eventually went dry, i came back now with the same account.

Good to know other great poker tables, i will download them right away. What are your thoughs about full tilt poker? Worth it to be there too?

What about material to study? Any books, online content or specific CC forum threads that you guys think its great too?

Thanks again!

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play poker at pokerstars and sign up for poker school. There will be various lessons, videos and quizzes that will give you prizes and tickets. It's great for those who are starting.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to Cardchat,sheshire:) Joining this website was a great move,we love poker too! we have lots of poker info,video and written form,and the people here are very helpful.I joined just under a year ago and have made alot of $ with the help of the good people here,hope i see ya around :dancing2:

I am quite new to poker as well. Joining this forum was a good start. I also found that PokerStars FREE pokerschool also helped. From what I read on this forum it seems to me that time spent playing to gain experience is where you start. After that you need to find what your mistakes and weaknesses are, recognize them and do whatever you have to to correct and fine tune your game. There is a myriad of experience at many different levels on this forum so make some friends and see what advice and criticism they have to offer you. Controlling your emotions is also a huge key to success in poker so learn about tilt and variance early on. Always remember to have fun while learning and good luck!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello! Thanks for replying! :)

I started last year with a PS account, made a small deposit which eventually went dry, i came back now with the same account.

Good to know other great poker tables, i will download them right away. What are your thoughs about Full Tilt Poker? Worth it to be there too?

What about material to study? Any books, online content or specific CC forum threads that you guys think its great too?

Thanks again!

Well, the Fulltilt was aggregate by Pokerstars, that is, it is the same. You have to find out what the best mode of learning that you feel more comfortable. For example, which sense is more accurate? It's auditory, visual or who knows, more kinesthetic? After you identify this is that you will make your choice.

Now, in relation to gameplay, game graphics, better profitability, you will have to go testing the programs. Here we have some: Pokerstars, 888 Poker, Americas Cardroom, BlackChip Poker, BetOnline, SportsBetting, partypoker, intertops, etc.

Thanks for the question! If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

I hope you enjoy! ;)

sheshire

sheshire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, in relation to gameplay, game graphics, better profitability, you will have to go testing the programs. Here we have some: Pokerstars, 888 Poker, Americas Cardroom, BlackChip Poker, BetOnline, SportsBetting, PartyPoker, Intertops, etc.

I took a look at this tables and noticed that most of them have bonus, promotions and all, like PS (the one i know) unlockable as you create your account and when you made a deposit.

Do you know good promo codes to start, in your experience?
For example, if someone was asking me that for PS i would probably say intelipoker bonus codes - those that you will only know about if you took some time to wander around the site.

I will probably will take my time exploring the tables, but maybe you could save me some time?

Controlling your emotions is also a huge key to success in poker so learn about tilt and variance early on. Always remember to have fun while learning and good luck!

Great advice, i try to work out this in my life in general so much! thank you @AshK44 :)

Last edited:
BaronSubbota

BaronSubbota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most correct option will be development in dynamics. Sooner or later each player will try new poker rooms for himself. It's unavoidable)). Therefore, you can register at once in several places and play simultaneously. Truth is known in comparison).

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls is the safe way to start building a bankroll, so you are in the right place, keep posting mate!

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a look at this tables and noticed that most of them have bonus, promotions and all, like PS (the one i know) unlockable as you create your account and when you made a deposit.

Do you know good promo codes to start, in your experience?
For example, if someone was asking me that for PS i would probably say intelipoker bonus codes - those that you will only know about if you took some time to wander around the site.

I will probably will take my time exploring the tables, but maybe you could save me some time?

Great advice, i try to work out this in my life in general so much! thank you @AshK44 :)

No problem...I hope you do well [emoji4]

sheshire

sheshire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Twitch poker is always the best

Great adivice! i spent a couple of hours there watching commented plays in a MTT from a pro. very nice!

Now, in relation to gameplay, game graphics, better profitability, you will have to go testing the programs. Here we have some: Pokerstars, 888 Poker, Americas Cardroom, BlackChip Poker, BetOnline, SportsBetting, PartyPoker, Intertops, etc.

I started to dowload some tables out there and actually got my first ITM on ACR!! So happy!!
Was just $0,55 but still i would never expect any winnings at day 2!

Thank you soo much acid!! Make my day and my spirit to keep on my goal!

MikeShayne

MikeShayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great adivice! i spent a couple of hours there watching commented plays in a MTT from a pro. very nice!

I started to dowload some tables out there and actually got my first ITM on ACR!! So happy!!
Was just $0,55 but still i would never expect any winnings at day 2!

Thank you soo much acid!! Make my day and my spirit to keep on my goal!

Congrats, Sheshire! Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Artem Kozhevnikov

Artem Kozhevnikov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freerolls in different poker rooms

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For us who are poor xd the best site to start is 88 poker because they give you a bonus right away,in general depends of what type of person you are but if you seek glory then pokerstars is for you.

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I think reading poker books by the better players and the younger new wave players is a good start. You can find books for very little on those dastardly sites such as eBay n amazon

TrpeLoco

TrpeLoco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888poker a lots of freerolls every day

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play as frequently as you can and review what works, and what doesn't. Plenty of information on CC if you search for scenarios that are costing you money and how to fix them.

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going through 'Harrington on Hold'em Vol 1' and it's a really nice book for beginners. I like it because it has problems which you have to try and solve for yourself before reading his thought process. I'm halfway through but can already understand so much more of poker strategy and tactics. Give it a go, hope this helps.