Where to begin??

M

Muckem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys!!

Very interested in what approach you guys have took into learning better poker when you first began. Where did you guys start? I'm having a hard time on what to learn first. ( example, I find my self learning about ranges when I know I shouldn't as I should probably be nailing down the basics) Is there a guideline of what concepts to learn first and what are they? Any books, videos, articles I should read first??? Thank you

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first learn 4-2 rule to count your outs. then check range chart for your game. and grab a book and get to the tables. Just keep bankrollmanagement and tilt control. gl

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a beginner i suggest you to visit the beginners bankroll management on pokerstars, pokerschool challenge. You can as well watch the Twitch.tv when pro players are streaming. As well there are lot of courses online and coaching (but i suggest u to try yourself to learn first, if u find its hard than u definitely need an poker coach which is expensive).
Good luck learning poker its worth!

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved the short script of Roy Rounders Poker Math made easy for learning some basic about odds and how to calculate equity on the hands.
Super System from Doyle Brunson was fun to read. Maybe a bit old and overhauled on some points but still very good.
Many strategy website have good articles to start with...
And i really like 'Scrimitzu' he has some good videos on youtube, or streams live on twitch.. just google him. I really like how he thinks poker!

P

Pavlicio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn poker strategy in the first place those that will first play:
1. cash game
2. sit EN go
3. tournaments
Also learn the theory of probability :rock:

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here at cardschat you have everything you need to improve.I'm a beginer too and after registering at CC my knowledment increased.