When you should fold a good hand

C

cobrass8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ, pocket 10s or 9s are difficult to fold. But this is what makes a good player. I won quite a few tournaments. Many times, its not cause of the big hands i won with great cards but know when to lay down big hands.

Lets debate which hand to fold and when!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It is difficult to discuss such things.
You can fold any card starting with 7,2 ending with two aces.
In poker there are quite different situations. Therefore, we need to discuss a specific situation.
Good luck.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, difficult to say, but in general when you have knowledge about Villain and he never bluffs and is betting as he has his aces or best hand. Other situation could be it is just not worth playing, because you are chipleader or villain sets you all in and you don"t want to quit the tournament.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
At early stages and early position I can easily fold such hands. Especially when I know, I will have a lot of callers or loose people behind me to act

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree i have not won a lot of tournaments because of what you are saying but i have lost a lot of them because i did not fold them maybe one day i will get there but not there yet :hahaha:

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well having nines on a board with overcards, and there is raise and reraise its a good time to fold.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker